I am constantly told 1,530 calories is "not enough." Is this true?

Options
2»

Replies

• jdersen
    Options
    Depends on what your overall goal is?

My overall goal is to be 160-170 lbs. That's all for now. Later, I'll modify it to become more toned etc but right now I just want to lose weight.

---

Also, thanks all. I changed the 2lb/week rate to 1 and am forcing myself to eat a bit more. I'm not going to overstuff myself though.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat more in quantity, but you can eat foods with more calories.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    You don't have to eat more in quantity, but you can eat foods with more calories.

Spot on!!
  • jdersen
    Options
    Thank you for the information guys. I'll try to find foods with higher calorie counts as opposed to trying to fit my entire day into 1,530 calories.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Here is a good article for selecting a deficit level based on your own goals. MFP sets your calorie goal making certain assumptions about you. Most forum people do the same (different assumptions, of course). Why not see which level suits YOUR goals?

http://evidencemag.com/fat-loss-deficit/
  • sarajames123
    sarajames123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think you should consult a nutritionist rather than the people on this forum. Everyone is different. 1530 calories for me would make me gain.