Weight loss surgery

Options
Is there a place to determine what I would need since my needs are a little different after having lapband

Replies

• DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You need to follow whatever diet your doctor has provided you. Your meals are going to be very tiny and your calories much lower than MFP will approve.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I had weightloss surgery last Aug. Feel free to add me and ask questions. I still eat about 1200 calories a day. I supplement with vitamins and I do keep up on the protein. The first 6 months were the hardest for me.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    You should have been provided a dietary plan by your doctor and/or dietitian. You must follow that plan. To use MFP with that plan, you can manually change goals for MFP by going to Goals, Change Goals, Custom.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Is there a place to determine what I would need since my needs are a little different after having lapband

Check out Obesityhelp.com EVERY type of Forum for WLS is there and support. With A LOT and EXCELLENT Info. Usually people who are getting ready or want WLS go to that site first.
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    MFP has pre-set goals. Some of these can be changed individually but some...like the min. calories per day (MFP is set at 1200) cannot. You will get a warning message from MFP when you fall below 1200 but no biggie...just ignore it.

Stick with your Dr.'s orders. YOu won't b eating so little forever. Eventually you will eat more "normally".
  • LauriinSB
    LauriinSB Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I had mine a few years ago, lost most of the weight right away and then decided to go further, that's how I ended up here! I had the bypass