Pray for me! Testing tomorrow!

Options
Hello MFP!
I am active duty military and I gained 40lbs after moving back to the states and dealing with some health issues!! Obviously, being out of shape for any reason isn 't acceptable for me as a military member and I have been working hard to lose weight and get healthy. Despite doing Insanity and seeing a trainer 2 times a week, I am still not feeling strong enough to pass my fitness test tomorrow! Please pray that my body feels strong, that I can control my breathing when I run and I somehow knock out an insane number of pushups!!! This weighs heavily on our careers and I know some don't have to struggle to pass but for me, this has been insanely stressful and I just want all my hard work to show for something!!

Replies

• christinehay78
    christinehay78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers. Stay positive! YOU GOT THIS!! xx
  • christadoud
    christadoud Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service to our country. Sending positive thoughts your way- it looks like you have been trying hard to prepare- hopefully you pass easily :)
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    I´ll pray for you!
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    You can do it!!!!! I recently helped a client pass her PFT. She failed initially and then we worked through it and she NAILED it. I'm confident you can do the same :)
  • melissahratliff
    Options
    Best of Luck!!!
  • mamakathy
    mamakathy Posts: 130
    Options
    Sure will! You've done your part to prepare. I believe you will do well. Romans 8:28
  • fadedflower79
    fadedflower79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You guys are so awesome... I already feel encouraged!!!
  • ColeyCannoli
    ColeyCannoli Posts: 147
    Options
    You make me nervous cause I'm joining soon :P

But I'm possitive you'll kill it! Prayers and thoughts to you! Thank you for your service!
  • fadedflower79
    Options

But I'm possitive you'll kill it! Prayers and thoughts to you! Thank you for your service!

Joining was the best decision I ever made... Despite my athletic challenges :)

Serving has been a humbling experience. I have traveled to so many countries, I have made the most amazing friends in the world and I have learned so much! They help pay for school and I have developed a desire for life-long learning and all of that knowledge helps make me a better leader and NCO. Good luck with this next challenge, I hope you also have a good experience!
  • ColeyCannoli
    ColeyCannoli Posts: 147
    Options

Joining was the best decision I ever made... Despite my athletic challenges :)

Serving has been a humbling experience. I have traveled to so many countries, I have made the most amazing friends in the world and I have learned so much! They help pay for school and I have developed a desire for life-long learning and all of that knowledge helps make me a better leader and NCO. Good luck with this next challenge, I hope you also have a good experience!

Thank you so much! It means the world to hear what you have accomplished and what you have been given. I'm going in through medicine so it will be a long experience for sure. I'm excited and nervous but I'm looking forward to being able to learn and serve with the best of them: our military!
  • fadedflower79
    Options
    I am constantly humbled by the support I get through comments, text messages and IMs. Today was all because of my AWESOME God, YUOR ENCOURAGEMENT and support and also my AMAZING trainer Margo!!!

Here are my results: Waist 30.5 (20 pts) PushUps 20 (7.6 pts) Crunches 45 (10 pts) 1.5 mile run 15:06 (49.3) TOTAL: 86.9 POINTS!!! OMG I am gonna fill my tub with ice and die now!!!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thank you for protecting our country. Praying for you and your safety!
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    That is awesome go you on your PT test :) ...keep it up girl ....my husband is also military and just gave a PT test yesterday and was doing the cards and umm your scores beat some of his tiny "fit" people so congrats...and Thank You for your service :)
  • vaguelovememos
    Options
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll do well. :D