Hello! Im new and ready to lose :)

Options
I had heard great things about the site from some neighbors.

I decided. Today is teh day. Why wait for another "Monday"!
Plus I have eaten pretty well today :)

My name is Jen. And over the past 4 years I have managed to pack on about 80 lbs.
Today, I would estimate my weight is at about 245-250- I have to go and get myself weighed (I dont own a scale, for said reasons)

When I met my fiance 3 years ago- I was approv 185.-- so I started packing on the lbs..right around then.

We got engaged last year and I decided I wanted a long engagemnt because I wasn't going to be a "fat" bride. I am still in fat denial. I still picture myself at my lowest weight of 150. Which yes, I know still isn't so slim, but I am really curvy and pretty busty and I felt SO good at that weight.

I feel embarssed to be in photos. And I have officially out grown all "normal" stores. I can no longer go to places like Nordstrom to shop. I am stuck in XXL's from Old Navy or The Loft. It feels gross.
I just went wedding dress shopping and was limited to ugly plus size dresses. I left in tears- and decided to make a change.

I want to be a hot bride! That doesnt worry about going shopping nad people going "in the back" to find my size. OOOF

So here I am.
I am hoping to buddy with another girl in my building and work as a team- she already has lost 20 lbs ont he site

Yesterday I joined Curves.
I have my first scheduled workout tomorrow :)

I'm super excited

Hopefully, I can convince my fiance to join too! He has about 15 lbs to lose. Currently he weighs 185 and is about 5'9

Replies

• PsychotikBamboo
    Options
    Welcome to the jungle! :D

Curves is a great place to workout, since it's fliied by women. I've been working out there for one year, the staff is just great!
  • jnnyc
    jnnyc Posts: 25
    Options
    thanks really excited to start! And great to see they have Zumba now too!:smile:
  • Shannmarrs
    Shannmarrs Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You sound so excited, which is awesome =) Good luck on your journey!
  • triciaw1975
    triciaw1975 Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome! I have been on here for about a couple of months and I love it! Feel free to add me if you're looking for a motivational buddy! :happy:
  • 812sara
    812sara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just want to say I LOVE this site... I have done every single diet, weight watchers online, Atkins and I have to say this one is really different! Sooooooooo much support from everyone! Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can try and keep each other motivated! Good Luck with the wedding.
  • Nikki_GodzPrincess
    Options
    WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!! It's great you are not doing this alone, and with this site...you're on the right track. This is a great site to get all the motivation, encouragement and accountability you need. Feel free to add me...
  • jkgeiger
    jkgeiger Posts: 14
    Options
    We're all here for the same reason! Feel free to add me as a friend.