I'm a fan of eggs but...

Options
oxxypx3ok0dm.png

Not sure where to find wilted baby for this new MFP recipe.

Joking aside, what are some of your favorite egg recipes? I've been hard boiling mine, but I think I need to spice up my life and get some new ideas. Something other than hard boiled eggs, and omelettes, since that's all I really know. :)

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    There are few meals I wouldn't throw an egg into and there are few items I would mix into eggs. I think they're very versatile.

Be creative. You can do whatever you want with food. Nobody has to know. If you think, "I wonder how these would taste together if I..." just make it. See how it goes. :)

Some of my favorite things to eat are things I totally made up. I might not serve them all to others (Fruit Slop comes to mind, lol), but I love them. :)
  • ashclarke_77
    Options
    Pretty sure you need to try making omelettes with bananas and blueberries. Ideal for after training, add flax meal and psyllium husk to keep it together, cinnamon and protein powder for extra flavour but that's optional. Strawberry omelettes are also amazing :)
  • ashclarke_77
    Options
    The best savoury omelettes are chicken breast feta and avo :) season the chicken or add Moroccan spice while it's cooking.
  • MikeLAdams
    Options
    Just work out for a couple hours and burn 1,000+ calories. Then eat the omelet that you desire.
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I know you said "not omelettes" but I make mini omelettes in mini cupcake/muffin tins. That way you don't use any oil and they're conveniently snack sized!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    MikeLAdams wrote: »
    Just work out for a couple hours and burn 1,000+ calories. Then eat the omelet that you desire.

It's not a calorie issue; it's moreso I find omelettes boring after a while, haha.
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use liquid egg whites as often as I can. I love making breakfast sandwiches on hungry girl flatout fold-its. I can eat them for every meal; add some variety with turkey sausage and feta or a slice of cheese.
    I was also wondering where to get wilted baby...LOL! ;)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There is a cafe in my hometown which makes "Hell's Eggs" - 2 eggs baked in ramekin of tomato, capsicum, rosemary and chilli ragu, topped with melted cheese, a dash of BBQ sauce and tabasco and served with a toasted baguette.

It's seriously my favourite thing ever.
  • Kpcardona
    Options
    Have you ever had "Chorizo & Huevos"? Mexican dish with eggs and sausage, eaten with/in a tortilla or torta which you can opt out of, of course.

Super easy to make, if I make a full serving for myself I'll use; 2x Large Eggs and 1x (45g) chorizo sausage link. Add the sausage first to the skillet/pan then eggs after the sausage is chopped up and cooked a bit. You don't need cooking oil either, it shouldn't stick.

The calories in that, sans tortilla are 290. You can also opt for a small serving of 145 calories with one egg and half a sausage link (22g).
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    There is a cafe in my hometown which makes "Hell's Eggs" - 2 eggs baked in ramekin of tomato, capsicum, rosemary and chilli ragu, topped with melted cheese, a dash of BBQ sauce and tabasco and served with a toasted baguette.

It's seriously my favourite thing ever.
    Kpcardona wrote: »
    Have you ever had "Chorizo & Huevos"? Mexican dish with eggs and sausage, eaten with/in a tortilla or torta which you can opt out of, of course.

Super easy to make, if I make a full serving for myself I'll use; 2x Large Eggs and 1x (45g) chorizo sausage link. Add the sausage first to the skillet/pan then eggs after the sausage is chopped up and cooked a bit. You don't need cooking oil either, it shouldn't stick.

The calories in that, sans tortilla are 290. You can also opt for a small serving of 145 calories with one egg and half a sausage link (22g).

I want both of these in my body right now.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Is the end of that sentence "spinach"?

Wth with wilted baby? Eek!
  • Kpcardona
    Options

I want both of these in my body right now.

The stuff smells amazing when it is cooking!
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Is the end of that sentence "spinach"?

Wth with wilted baby? Eek!

Yes, haha.
    When I first saw it, I had a good laugh!
  • lucygoesrawr
    lucygoesrawr Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Crack some into simmering soup and let them cook in that. Delicious.
  • UDTsunamiSurfer
    UDTsunamiSurfer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.

Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Do your best to make sure they fit tightly.

Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try your best to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell.

Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to set.

Remove from oven, then season with pepper, chives, and garnish of your choice. Enjoy!

Smoked Paprika is REALLY YUMMY!!!
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.

Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Do your best to make sure they fit tightly.

Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try your best to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell.

Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to set.

Remove from oven, then season with pepper, chives, and garnish of your choice. Enjoy!

Smoked Paprika is REALLY YUMMY!!!

I have all of these ingredients...looks like I found something to accompany dinner tomorrow, or breakfast on Friday!
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I know you said "not omelettes" but I make mini omelettes in mini cupcake/muffin tins. That way you don't use any oil and they're conveniently snack sized!

I do this! Very yummy.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for poached eggs, especially on toast with salmon and avocado, though I still want to try them over a quinoa salad bowl.

You could try Shashuka sometime too - eggs baked in a spicy (veggie filled) tomato sauce.

I love a soft-yolk fried egg on toast with sautéed mushrooms, feta cheese and sun-dried tomatoes too. Or give a sweet omelette a go!