Change on scale, but not clothes

Options
Since I've started my journey on mfp I have lost a little over 6 pounds, but haven't
Noticed any change in my clothes. Any body else notice this? When did you notice your clothes getting looser?

Replies

• Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It's different for everybody sounds like your losing weight before inches.
  • MissJanay
    MissJanay Posts: 17
    Options
    My clothes started getting loose after maybe a month. I have only lost 3 pounds total but everything fits better. I was not loosing many inches until I started drinking more water. Like 5-6 16 ounce cups a day
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to wait until you hit 20lb or a 30lb loss to truly see a huge change in clothes... as Teasem said, its different for everybody. I didn't see any difference in my clothes until I hit the 30lb mark... Maybe when you hit 10 or 15, you will start seeing the change... don't worry about it and keep up the great work!
  • spaztastic13
    spaztastic13 Posts: 229
    Options
    Ive lost almost 17 pounds and i havent noticed a change in clothes yet but we have to give it time....
  • Covy77
    Covy77 Posts: 3
    Options
    Your skin also takes time to shrink just like it takes time for it to expand when you gain weight.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm 16 lbs down and have lost about 15 inches and down 2 pant sizes already:) My clothing started to get looser at just 5 lbs. Just depends on the person. Good luck to you:)
  • mk2984
    mk2984 Posts: 36
    Options
    Think I maybe started noticing about 10-12 pounds down (had to start wearing belts with all my trousers!). I'm now 17lb down and am needing a shopping trip! I guess it's just different for everyone.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    When a person loses weight, it comes off the body in different areas. And it's not the same for each person. I noticed the weight loss in my face first, and then around my calves and forearms. Now I can see a difference in my legs near the knee and in my upper chest around the collar bones, breast & neck area. So a weight loss in those areas didn't affect how my jeans fit around the waist or any of the areas where a tight fit would be noticed. And for those of us that are/were really heavy - we usually lose the visceral fat, which is the fat deep inside around our inner organs, that isn't really visable.

So maybe the weight you've lost has come from those areas??? As hard as it is to wait to see results in those areas that ARE noticable - if you keep working at eating healthy & exercising, it WILL happen !! ((HUGS))
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm just gonna keep going at it and hopefully soon enough I will see my pants getting looser. ;)