Terrible pain after leg day. Help!!!!

Options
does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the terrible pain in your quads after having an extensive leg day? I've stretched about all that I can and its done nothing for me. Help!!

Replies

• andyj008
    andyj008 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have a nice hot bath .its lactic acid in your muscles .my legs are still sore from Mondays leg session so I know where your coming from .I'm going to do a light session on them today to try a disperse the lactic acid .hope this helps
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    There are various things people do to try and help, (massage, bath with Epsom salts, going for a walk, stretching) but the only sure fire thing to relieve DOMS is time.

• 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    what the cat says! Learn to live with it until it's gone
  • royston_ashby
    royston_ashby Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    There's nothing you can do other than embrace it!!
  • JLopez832
    JLopez832 Posts: 1,206
    Options
    saaarbear7 wrote: »
    does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the terrible pain in your quads after having an extensive leg day? I've stretched about all that I can and its done nothing for me. Help!!

using a foam roller and some amino acids!! roller breaks the muscle fibers again to reduce soreness works alot better than stretching although you still definitely wanna stretch. amino acids such as l - glutamine are a great way to help reduce soreness as well as helping recover and build muscle.
  • saaarbear7
    Options
    andyj008 wrote: »
    Have a nice hot bath .its lactic acid in your muscles .my legs are still sore from Mondays leg session so I know where your coming from .I'm going to do a light session on them today to try a disperse the lactic acid .hope this helps

Thank you!! Yeah I did leg day on Monday as well. I walked for 45 minutes Tuesday and I'm doing that again today. So hopefully I can get some of this broken up!

• royston_ashby
    royston_ashby Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Research shows that one of the best things to help get over the 'leg day' pains (DOMS) is to keep a steady level of activity i.e walking. You'll notice that when you're walking its a little uncomfortable but stop being activity for 30mins+ then walking again... Different story. There isn't any real solution to overcoming DOMS as they are such large muscles.
  • saaarbear7
    Options
    Research shows that one of the best things to help get over the 'leg day' pains (DOMS) is to keep a steady level of activity i.e walking. You'll notice that when you're walking its a little uncomfortable but stop being activity for 30mins+ then walking again... Different story. There isn't any real solution to overcoming DOMS as they are such large muscles.

Thank you I appreciate it!! I've been walking so hopefully that'll help me!