Healthy lunch recipes?

Options
Any awesome lunch recipes for weight loss?

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Any food and recipe that will keep you within your caloric deficit needs.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Yup. :D

One of my favorite lunches - brown rice, chicken (or beef, pork, even fish - whatever is leftover from last night's dinner), a little cheese, plain greek yogurt, avocado, black or pinto beans, and salsa. Deeeelicious and lots of good protein and fiber in there.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »

One of my favorite lunches - brown rice, chicken (or beef, pork, even fish - whatever is leftover from last night's dinner), a little cheese, plain greek yogurt, avocado, black or pinto beans, and salsa. Deeeelicious and lots of good protein and fiber in there.

that sounds good! Kind of like a fajita without a shell?
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options

Bam! spot on
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »

that sounds good! Kind of like a fajita without a shell?
    Pretty much - like Chipotle's burrito bowl. Another good addition - fajita veggies, grilled/roasted bell peppers & onion.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    My work lunches, and I have a microwave here so bring a tupperware in, mainly consist of about 350 - 400 calories

1) 100-150g basmati rice, 500g of homemade vegetable stew, 10g cheddar
    or
    2) 350g homemade butternut squash risotto and watercress, spinach and rocket salad
    or
    3) Innocent vegetable pot .. vietnamese noodle curry or lentil sambar and watercress, spinach and rocket salad
    or
    4) summer only - big chopped salad, with cooked fresh tuna, green beans, olives, capers, new potatos and olive oil / balsamic dressing

when I get bored I switch up the big pots of foods I make at the weekend
  • magsxx
    magsxx Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Beans on wholemeal toast with poached egg, left over chicken and salad, omelette with whatever filling, homemade soup :)