Are you hangry?

Options
Anyone else feel hangry? Angry + hungry? Lol. Sometimes when I am on track I feel kind of grumpy! I'm not sure if that's normal to feel more agitated than normal. I am a stress eater and emotional eater. Not binging and sticking to my goals to a better me make me happy but still find myself less patient and alittle snappy. Just pray for my husband:)

Replies

• amandapearl81
    amandapearl81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This was me today! I took the kids swimming at The Y and lost track of time. We got home at 2 and hadn't had lunch. I was starving and trying to make lunch for everyone, and they seemed to have a million questions. I was way too snappy with them. I'm glad I made a healthier choice, but man did I want to just grab a pizza today.
  • mrsmalloryevers
    Options
    I'm feeling that way right now!!!
    Already ate my lunch and I'm thinking about going to grab a fast food snack... just trying to find one that will fit into my calories for today :\ AAHH
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    When I have PMS, oh yes (and when I ovulate too).
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Getting off the carbs in my case was not easy because that was what i was living on so the first two weeks was very rough for me. Grabbing carbs that turns some sugar quickly as I had done for 40 years just came natural in my case but after two weeks off of them the hungry pains started to fade. It was only when I was able to stop thinking about food did life get easier. Best of luck.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, LOL.
    But I would rather be hangry @ the normal weight I am now, than morbidly obese and eating anything I wanted to whenever I wanted to and really, never being hungry like I was before MFP. & I was angry quite often back then too :(
  • amgjb
    amgjb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Dear Danni's husband please be careful, do not leave the seat up, socks lying or ask if she would like a piece of your double cheese pizza. Our thoughts are with you lol.

Have you tried to keep your calories during the day so if you get a notion for something you can have it without the guilt. I try to keep a few hundred that way if I need to I an have a munch and if not the i'm a bit more under my goal.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    amgjb wrote: »
    Dear Danni's husband please be careful, do not leave the seat up, socks lying or ask if she would like a piece of your double cheese pizza. Our thoughts are with you lol.

Have you tried to keep your calories during the day so if you get a notion for something you can have it without the guilt. I try to keep a few hundred that way if I need to I an have a munch and if not the i'm a bit more under my goal.

That's funny! OP, you may feel that way now but the longer you stick with your plan the easier it will get. Really! You'll find that once you start making progress and reaching goals you'll be just fine with less food. As a matter of fact, you'll feel better both physically and mentally. Hang in there!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Actually, I dreamed at night about food for about 3 weeks when I first started. :wink:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I get hangry. I actually try really hard to let myself get hungry at all anymore, because I go from not even thinking about food to stomach growling, mouth snarling, head spinning in five seconds. So I just eat on a schedule and try to stay ahead of the hanger.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Hate that state. ;-) If I skip lunch it's always a problem.
  • ekelly272
    ekelly272 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just starting and couldn't figure out why I am so cranky.
    Haha thanks for putting it into words!
    I'll try to keep ahead of it as suggested .
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Lol thanks for the tips and the laugh! Hub is safe for now! Lol I ate a snack and have now had dinner and I feel good! No more hanger. Haha :D
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    When I was on 1200 calories my doctor asked me if I was then told me it's not enough even for short old women like me so I upped it a couple of hundred and felt better.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I get hangry. I actually try really hard [not] to let myself get hungry at all anymore, because I go from not even thinking about food to stomach growling, mouth snarling, head spinning in five seconds. So I just eat on a schedule and try to stay ahead of the hanger.

This is pretty much me.

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I get hangry. I actually try really hard [not] to let myself get hungry at all anymore, because I go from not even thinking about food to stomach growling, mouth snarling, head spinning in five seconds. So I just eat on a schedule and try to stay ahead of the hanger.

This is pretty much me.

Thank you for fixing my post, too <3

• bethouiseevans
    bethouiseevans Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My partner has learnt that if i start being snappy, sit me down with a banana and a black coffee and shhh for 5 minutes haha I'm trying to keep going with the lower GI diet to avoid sugar spikes and crashes to see if this helps - I'm not very good at it though!
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    yep this is me, my wife knows there are 2 reasons why i'm being grumpy, either i'm hungry or i'm sleepy

it it's past my normal eating time we both know the hanger is coming and that we need to find some food soon
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I get hangry if i go too long without eating lol