fat vs full

Options
Hi,
Anyone got any tips on how I can reduce the amount of fat i am eating, with still be able to feel full more.
I don't really eat that unhealthy. and have stayed pretty close to my calorie target.. but my fat quota seems to always be over.

Any tips?!

Replies

• bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    It would help to see your food diary.. :)
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Pick leaner protein sources to help you stay full. How over on the fat are you? For weight loss purposes, being over on your fat doesn't really matter.
  • ikat77
    ikat77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bunbunzee.. How do I show my food diary? Lauren, what are some examples of lean protein sources? My target fat intake is 38g a day and i tend to be around the 40 - 60g mark.
  • bunbunzee44
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

here is the option :smiley:

chicken is a lean protein :3
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Going over on fat isn't really an issue as long as you are sticking to your calorie goal.
  • ikat77
    Options
    mmm okay thats kinda good to hear Karen and Lauren...
  • ikat77
    Options
    ok i've made it public. I know on some days.like today.. I probably should of had cake..
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Your fat goal is set at 20% with 50% carbs and 30% protein.

Nothing wrong with eating about 60g of fat (or even more), why exactly do you want to reduce fat?

If "going over" is bothering - set your macro percentages to a more balanced amount. 40/30/30.
  • bunbunzee44
    Options
    okay it's not so bad :D just try to eat less processed foods like mcdonalds and pizzas and such that have a lot of fats (or sugar) in them (:
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Most of your fat in your diet comes from takeout (McDonalds, pizza, fries), cookies and sweet, cake and crisps. Cut back on those and you'll be fine. If you have a bacon muffin in the morning, mind your fat intake throughout the rest of the day. If you have peanut butter at breakfast, maybe not have a slice of pizza at lunch. I'm not saying you can't eat those foods at all, but if you want to stick to your macros, try opting for one or two max. per day. Plan ahead so you'll know if it all fits in your diet. If not, have that slice of cake tomorrow instead.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Avoid whole eggs, nuts, butters, certain salad dressings high in fat.

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with fat at all. a good guide for minimum amount is 0.35 grams/lb of body weight, but more is fine, as long as it doesn't keep you from getting your minimum amount of protein
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Cutting fat a little would help you eat more volume since fat is so high calorie, but if you are satisfied on your current diet, then I wouldn't even worry about it.

Lean meats are meats that have less fat - sirloin or tenderloin over ribeye or other marbled cuts. Pork loin chops instead of ribs. White meat poultry over dark. That kind of thing.
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Pick leaner protein sources to help you stay full. How over on the fat are you? For weight loss purposes, being over on your fat doesn't really matter.

^This protein makes me feel full and for longer than another other nutrient.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Fiber might do the trick for you. I find high fiber foods can definitely feel me up.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Lean beef, chicken breast, turkey breast, eggs cooked with little or no fat, reduced fat cheese: high protein, low fat. Also, make friends with nonstarchy vegetables. Season with herbs and spices and a little salt, not fats. Fast food is something to be avoided as much as possible if you seek to lose weight and nourish yourself well.
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Fiber might do the trick for you. I find high fiber foods can definitely feel me up.

Fiber fills me up too but for me it's like eating Chinese. I'm hungry again sooner than if I fill up on protein.