What's the worst present you ever received ???

Options
Jackie_W
Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
I know its all about giving not receiving, but just for a laugh, what's the worst, or even most useless present you've ever received?

I've had a couple, although, they seem to be received almost yearly: :grumble:
A box of chocolates - right after telling all how I want to lose weight :mad:
Pair of cheap stockings - one use only, put your hand in, just a little, and they get ladders running from top to toe :explode:
A gardening set - when I had no garden :noway: What's the point of that ???

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Options
    I know its all about giving not receiving, but just for a laugh, what's the worst, or even most useless present you've ever received?

I've had a couple, although, they seem to be received almost yearly: :grumble:
    A box of chocolates - right after telling all how I want to lose weight :mad:
    Pair of cheap stockings - one use only, put your hand in, just a little, and they get ladders running from top to toe :explode:
    A gardening set - when I had no garden :noway: What's the point of that ???
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    My mother in law is the worst about buying stuff. Last year I got a pair of gloves (really ugly) that fit my 9 year old, and a pair of PJ's that fit the 11 year old. My hubby is a teacher and she always gives him sweaters. The last place he taught was a really small school and the kids would always tease him about his ugly sweaters.
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    My mother in law is the worst about buying stuff. Last year I got a pair of gloves (really ugly) that fit my 9 year old, and a pair of PJ's that fit the 11 year old. My hubby is a teacher and she always gives him sweaters. The last place he taught was a really small school and the kids would always tease him about his ugly sweaters.

:laugh:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    last year for my birthday (20th) my mom got me this shoe scraper... i'm not sure what its called but you wipe your feet on it before you go in the house to get the mud off. i opened it when my boyfriend was over and he said he wasn't sure if it was a joke or not! I do hair and she said that there was too much hair coming into the house off my shoes. she was completely serious! haha:laugh:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    My mom got me that elastic-plastic for my 18th birthday......thanks mom.:noway: Luckily my brothers (16 and 20 at the time) had loads of fun with it. :laugh:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Okay, so a couple of weeks before my birthday my husband asks me what I wanted for my birthday. Stupidly I replied oh don't get me anything, I have everything I could ever want or need. Birthday comes and goes and I am happy that he didn't strain himself trying to come up with a birthday gift cause I really didn't want anything. About a week after the birthday a package arrives and hubby is about as excited as a five year old on Christmas. I open it up only to find my birthday present........a stuffed vulture......yes, you read that right, he actually paid someone for a stuffed vulture. Moral of the story......if asked what you would like for your birthday, come up with something, anything, cause otherwise you too will probably end up with something as ridiculous as a stuffed vulture, which now resides on the top of my refrigerator staring at me with little beady eyes everytime I contemplate opening the refrigerator.:bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    This wasn't for me but we're still laughing about it -
    my 15 year old, almost 16, daughter was given an Old Spice Shaving set and told maybe soon mommy will let you begin shaving --well she'd been shaving since the 5th grade and Old Spice ?! :noway:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    my mother inlaw bought me dollar store string and beads.... :noway:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My husband went Christmas shopping w/his brother and bought me the same thing his brother bought for his wife.....cowboy boots!!! My calves are too fat for cowboy boot or any boots for that matter. I don't know why he thought I would want them. I didn't even own a pair of jeans to wear them with! So I took them back and got a nice leather purse instead. I guess it's the thought that counts. That was the first and only time I have EVER returned a gift!

memaw
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    From my sister-in-law who was born & raised in Florida . . .

she gave me an heated window scraper that plugs into the cigarette lighter. It sounds cool until you live in Michigan for a winter & you see how utterly useless & hilarious the thing is!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    My grandpa in his old age used to root around the basement of their house to give us gifts. I remember one year when my older brother got dead batteries, my younger brother got a book with half the pages missing, and I got a old barbie with no arms or legs...just a torso and head. :noway: :laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Mine would be those damn singing fish!:laugh:
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Okay, so a couple of weeks before my birthday my husband asks me what I wanted for my birthday. Stupidly I replied oh don't get me anything, I have everything I could ever want or need. Birthday comes and goes and I am happy that he didn't strain himself trying to come up with a birthday gift cause I really didn't want anything. About a week after the birthday a package arrives and hubby is about as excited as a five year old on Christmas. I open it up only to find my birthday present........a stuffed vulture......yes, you read that right, he actually paid someone for a stuffed vulture. Moral of the story......if asked what you would like for your birthday, come up with something, anything, cause otherwise you too will probably end up with something as ridiculous as a stuffed vulture, which now resides on the top of my refrigerator staring at me with little beady eyes everytime I contemplate opening the refrigerator.:bigsmile:

This has to be the Blue Ribbon entry!! Amazing!!

• LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options

I'm HORRIFIED of birds. I should get one to sit in my kitchen...:laugh: :laugh:

But seriously, that wins.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    A Christmas sweater, totally useless since I live in Phoenix AZ area and it doesn't really get too cold and no offense to any of you that like these whimsical little sweaters but bedazzled jingle belled colorful sweaters definitely don't help out the overweight figure!
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Oh, jeeze... when I was 13 or so, me and my sister finally got to these huge boxes under the christmas tree... tore them open at the same time... and we discovered... 2 Steve Irkle dolls.

You pulled the string in the back and he'd say, "got any cheese?"

The biggest disappointment ever!! haha.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    A box of nuts covered in chocolate.

I'm allergic to nuts.
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    A box of nuts covered in chocolate.

I'm allergic to nuts.

Someone was trying to kill you!!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    The first year I dated my husband we were engaged by Christmas. :love: Well... his aunt and uncle sent us (they live in New York) a sex board game that looked liked it was from the 1970's and bought from a garage sale... :noway: ahem... I would have sworn it had already been used. Haha!!!! At least we got a laugh out of it!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think he was really embarrassed b/c he had always referred to them as sending great gifts and also having money... weird!!! :ohwell:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Oh, jeeze... when I was 13 or so, me and my sister finally got to these huge boxes under the christmas tree... tore them open at the same time... and we discovered... 2 Steve Irkle dolls.

You pulled the string in the back and he'd say, "got any cheese?"

The biggest disappointment ever!! haha.