Need a new blender - any feedback on which to buy?

Options
Our blender is on its last legs and we need a new one. I'd rather not spend a fortune if possible. I just started making shakes and I'd like one that can handle ice, ground flax, etc so I'm not drinking a lumpy shake. Thanks :smiley:

Replies

• Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Blendtec if U want to spend less - or Vitamix. Stay away from Ninja - read some bad reviews on quality.
  • Goin4goal
    Goin4goal Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    NutriBullet is the best in my opinion. Hubby and I have been making smoothies for almost 3 years now. We're on our second bullet and wouldn't be without one. JMHO
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I am very happy with my Nutribullet too!
  • sstolii123
    sstolii123 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Vitamix is where its at, you can pick up a factory reconditioned one for less money. I have used a Ninja and it does not make smooth smoothies.
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I love my Vitamix. We've had it for a year and I use it everyday.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    VITAMIX is where it is at. Search the web and make sure you check QVC.com, they usually have good deals on them. I have had 4 different blenders before the vitamix and I would never recommend a different blender.
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I really like my Kitchenaid Diamond Blender (plus the color is nice). I think I paid around $120 CDN for it (on sale) and it's amazing. I use it daily to make shakes (with frozen fruits/veggies/seeds/etc). I think it would be good for what you're planning to do with it. My mother has the magic bullet and it's great as well, but I prefer my blender.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I've had a Ninja for 4 years it is the best blender I've ever used makes killer smoothies
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    If you spend a little more money and buy a vitamix it will not only be the best "blender" you've ever had, it has a lifetime warranty so you'll never have to buy another one. It is the most amazing food processor i've ever used...smoothies, soups, dips, spreads, sorbets, etc. it comes with a book of recipes and you can look up more online. i should be on their commercial :)
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I use a Ninja Nutri Blender 2HP 1500 Watt and LOVE it! I make smoothies and shakes mainly, but also use it as a food processor. I saw one poster state that he didn't recommend the Ninja based on reviews he saw so if you go the Ninja route you may want to research it first ;)
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    If you spend a little more money and buy a vitamix it will not only be the best "blender" you've ever had, it has a lifetime warranty so you'll never have to buy another one. It is the most amazing food processor i've ever used...smoothies, soups, dips, spreads, sorbets, etc. it comes with a book of recipes and you can look up more online. i should be on their commercial :)
    Where did you get a lifetime warranty? I see it as 7 years.
    https://www.vitamix.com/shop/7-Year-Warranty.aspx
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have a nutri-ninja that is awesome. It does single serve smoothies and also has a blender and food processor attachement.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Nutri-Bullet user here.

Use it to whip up coffee / whey shakes, Almond butter, cookie butter. I don't buy that store made *kitten* anymore.... too expensive for literally .... just fillers.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I love my Cuisinart. Crushes ice like a champ!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Ninja user for about four years - zero issues. I love it.
  • pinksneakers1
    pinksneakers1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great feedback!!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I love my Ninja. Crushes ice, chops veggies, mixes dough... and I love the single cup attachment for smoothies and iced coffees
  • cyndit1
    cyndit1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have a magic bullet and use it every day...small and compact and perfect for one shake.
  • lrichelle
    lrichelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. We bought a refurbished model about 10 years ago, use it every day and have never had a problem. Worth the investment!
  • pinksneakers1
    pinksneakers1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Again, thanks all - great advice here :)