Weight loss & breast loss?

Options
Lainx20
Lainx20 Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2015 in Success Stories
I've been pretty successful losing about 21 lbs since end of Nov2014 and now I'm noticing a considerable ahem... Small sizing of my chest. I still have about 20 lbs to go to my goal weight and I'm freaking out that when I get there I won't have any left! Has this happened to you? Any tips? Thanks in advance ladies. I've been so happy and excited about new fitness and this is really disappointing for me.

Replies

• Dana_Poo283
    Options
    I am just beginning my journey, but I can't wait to loose my boobs. I was a B cup before I gained my weight, I am now falling out of a DD cup. They get in my way, hurt and sweat like a pig. If I could I want to be an A to B cup size, thankfully my husband is not a BOOB man.
  • Lainx20
    Lainx20 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Aww... I didn't think of it that way. Thanks for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it. I just realized my post is a little embarrassing! Haha ^_^**
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Boobs are fat sadly enough, so in any weight loss you will lose fat everywhere. Boobs included. :( If I could keep my boobs and give up my thighs/hips I gladly would! lol
  • mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Lainx20 wrote: »
    I've been pretty successful losing about 21 lbs since end of Nov2014 and now I'm noticing a considerable ahem... Small sizing of my chest. I still have about 20 lbs to go to my goal weight and I'm freaking out that when I get there I won't have any left! Has this happened to you? Any tips? Thanks in advance ladies. I've been so happy and excited about new fitness and this is really disappointing for me.

I've lost 150-ish pounds. I went from spilling out of DDD to D. I wouldn't be sad to go to C but I'm pretty sure that I'm keeping what I have now.

That being said, I'm 99.9% certain that losing that last 20 pounds is NOT going to all come from your chest area. LOL Best of luck on your journey.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Not much you can do. I went from a D to a Small B.. This was from a total weight loss of 55 pounds. I'm not happy about it, but the rewards of being healthy far out way the lack of boobs!!
  • mariepar
    mariepar Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I went from a D cup to now a I-cup 75lbs later. (I for the uninitiated is DDDDDD). A sales girl in a specialty bra shop argued with me that it is not possible to lose weight from your chest.... OMG. Hoping to at least get back down to a size I can buy in a store!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    It is all dependent on the person. Boobs are made up of fat and breast tissue. If your boobs are higher fat to breast tissue ratio, you will lose more of them than if they were more breast tissue to fat. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to keep from losing the fat in your boobs (genetics play into where you lose your weight from).

I lost over 60 pounds. I lost a cup size (went from a DD to a D), but I lost 2 band sizes (went from a 36 to a 32). I don't mind the smaller boobs because they fit better with my smaller body.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my girls are leaving me already with 38 pounds gone and a sh*tload more to come.

All my beautiful laced LaneBryant's no longer fit :'(
  • richjones1968
    Options
    Several points to offer if you don`t mind a man commenting (and I`m not trying to start a huge debate here over what`s best - beauty is in the eye of the beholder);
    Despite what the press, certain magazines and Baywatch would have you believe, smaller is beautiful, most especially on slimmer figures (proportion is everything).
    You`ll consider your size against what it was before - everyone else will view you as you look in proportion to your slimmer figure.
    As someone who`s suffered "man boobs" for decades can I just say that I`m really, really glad to know that this is an area I can hope to shrink as well - I would love to be able to run without fear of joggers nipple.
    Best wishes to everyone making a positive change to their life.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I lost the same amount of weight as you and I always lose fat from my face down to my waist first, so yes, I know exactly how you feel.. Nothing to do about it, unfortunately. :#
    It's totally worth it though, in my opinion. Not fun, but I'm ok with it.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Get friendly with "shape wear" for those girls! Mine barely do justice to a 34 B these days. It's not my favorite place to lose weight, but apparently that's where by body has decided to yank most of it from. Now, I was never "big" to begin with, but weight loss just added insult to injury!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I always used to be large breasted. Even when my BMI hovered around 18 when I was in my 20's I still wore a size 36D. Got pregnant, gained weight, breastfed a baby, lost weight, gained weight... It wasn't until these very last 10 lbs that my breasts decided to go--I went from a size 32F in August to a size 32C now. I'm a little sad, and they look pretty pathetic when not in a bra. I would consider implants at this point for more structure, but am terrified of the pain of recovery. Oh well, on the upside, running is easier, and it might make my golf swing a little less awkward.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I lost 60lbs and some of my girls too. And it sucked because I had just bought THREE bras from Victoria's Secret and you know the bigger ones cost extra. Now they're just hanging in my closet. Sadness. My smaller around my chest and my cup size has gone down.
  • Negriita2010
    Negriita2010 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    yes in 2012 when i was 210lbs i wore 36c after i lost weight went down to a 32b got pregnant went to a size 38d now im 205 wearing a 32d so yes weight loss does shrink your boobies mine are still a little bigger since pregnancy but i really dont like to have big boobs i want my little ones back lol
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Me being a guy I want this to happen. You cannot dictate fat loss.
  • nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I wish this was my problem! I was a 32C in high school then gained a ton of weight and went to a 36/38 DDD. I am still a 36DD. I would kill to have them go back down to a C or even a B. I have barely lost anything in my chest with a 33 pound loss. I have 30 more to go so we'll see.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 lb and went from 38E to 30D. There's not an awful lot left TBH, but my torso looks neat and trim, the girls don't get in the way and, frankly, I'd look silly with bigger boobs now, since it's all in proportion. I just wear tops that flatter the new me.
  • jamie_lee80
    jamie_lee80 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have lost a little over 30 lbs now and the girls aren't budging......I am a F cup currently, I would give anything to be a nice D cup. I hope that someday I can buy bras in regular stores. When I first started my journey to better health and fitness I had the hardest time finding sports bras that 1. fit properly and 2. would support these things. I finally found a few nice ones at Lane Bryant but as I move out of the plus sizes, I would love to be able to buy cute bras at normal places like Victoria's secret. That's one of my goals!
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 40 pounds and gone 38GG to 34GG! I'm crossing my fingers they don't go any more saggy than they already are. Sob.
  • bettybing1
    bettybing1 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    One thing i've found is that the weight isn't necessarily coming from my breasts (although yes that happens to me too), but that my chest above them loses fat so they appear to be smaller. If you're like me you'll notice your collarbones re-appearing as one of the first signs you've lost weight.
    I've realised that sometimes the style of a bra makes a lot of difference, even in the same size.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!