New Year New Positive Beginnings

Options
hello all! I'm Stephanie just call me Steph I'm from VA. 36 mother of one daughter that will be 7 on 2/2 and fully motivated in making this year my year. Started off last Sat and quit smoking after (thinking) yeah that many years I decided that I wanted to live a healthier life so I can live longer to watch my daughter grow up. On the patch no urges almost one week and quit frankly I can breathe. Now it's on to me wanting to lose 20-30 lbs before I turn 37 in July. So far I've lost 3lbs so I did a happy dance lol
Motivation is key, you can do anything you put your mind to & stay focused. If you fall off its ok we are human just get back up and continue. I always make it a habit in the morning when I wake up to say to myself in the mirror thank you God for waking me up, I am beautiful, I will have a great day, and I will accomplish what I set out for myself.
My daughter pushes me bossy little 6 year old but I need that and motivation and that simple You Can Do It Steph encouraged me to keep on keeping on
Baby steps I say...not pushing myself too hard just like setting goals that are unattainable. I will get there and so will each and everyone of you!!93lzvd9cen9z.jpg

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    What a cute daughter! You can do this. Feel free to add me!
  • Brownskeen
    Brownskeen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Keep going Steph! Those affirmations in the morning make all the difference. You and your daughter are both beautiful! Keep pushing.
  • stephjohnson07
    stephjohnson07 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!! We can all do this together. A team working together to accomplish our goals! I haven't figured out how to add friends any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Have a wonderful day
  • Niicollle
    Niicollle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You sound like a lovely lady! Giving up smoking is a struggle in its self too. Many people Substitute food for cigarettes and vice verses it's a vicious cycle so doing the two at the same time!! go you!!
    I gave up smoking when I found out I was pregnant with my first child, so did not really notice the weight gain just put it down to being pregnant.
    Will power and determination and the help of your 'beautiful daughter' will get you to where you truly want to be! Feeling good in your own skin there is no feeling better!

In the words of Kate moss
    "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
    But I would change skinny for slim!
  • alankie
    alankie Posts: 19
    Options
    hello all! I'm Stephanie just call me Steph I'm from VA. 36 mother of one daughter that will be 7 on 2/2 and fully motivated in making this year my year. Started off last Sat and quit smoking after (thinking) yeah that many years I decided that I wanted to live a healthier life so I can live longer to watch my daughter grow up. On the patch no urges almost one week and quit frankly I can breathe. Now it's on to me wanting to lose 20-30 lbs before I turn 37 in July. So far I've lost 3lbs so I did a happy dance lol
    Motivation is key, you can do anything you put your mind to & stay focused. If you fall off its ok we are human just get back up and continue. I always make it a habit in the morning when I wake up to say to myself in the mirror thank you God for waking me up, I am beautiful, I will have a great day, and I will accomplish what I set out for myself.
    My daughter pushes me bossy little 6 year old but I need that and motivation and that simple You Can Do It Steph encouraged me to keep on keeping on
    Baby steps I say...not pushing myself too hard just like setting goals that are unattainable. I will get there and so will each and everyone of you!!93lzvd9cen9z.jpg

I love how motivated you are! Inspiring!!!