Re-starting my journey, Fat, thin and back fat again!

Options
Denziee
Denziee Posts: 527 Member
edited January 2015 in Success Stories
Hey everyone

I've rejoined myfitness pal as I fell of the wagon. I'm just embarking on my journey (again!) and am looking for some inspiration. If people could post their before and after photos i'd like to see! i'm 5ft5". 30yo

I lost a lot of weight for my wedding in 2012 but have since put nearly all of it back on again and am in a BAD PLACE !!

here are my photos

2011 - 168lbs
- fatclare_zps78fd4559.jpg

2012 - 140lbs
henclare_zpsd6da9330.jpg

2012 - (honeymoon so my lightest!) 134lbs
honeymoon_zps03734984.jpg

current :-( (bad photo but I am avoiding lenses right now!) 158lbs
jan2015_zps7f7b479a.jpg

I aim to get back down to 140lbs initially and then we'll see if i can get back down in the 130s
x

Replies

• lamiafromParis
    Options
    Wow amazing! Your workout???
  • khol1
    khol1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I started at roughly the same weight, 159lbs. I'm just over half way to where I want to be now.

Well done you... you look amazing! :)
  • Denziee
    Options
    ladies... i did look amazing! But I gained the weight again and now need to get back down. I'm currently 158lbs. :'(
  • Blindarrogance
    Blindarrogance Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Denziee wrote: »
    ladies... i did look amazing! But I gained the weight again and now need to get back down. I'm currently 158lbs. :'(

Hey girl, add me. :)
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 30 also. Welcome back, you can do it!
  • ossentia
    ossentia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You still look amazing. . . just with a couple extra pounds. We all fall off the wagon, and honestly, as long as we get back up, it just isn't that big a deal. You can do this. You've done it once. Take it one day at a time, log your calories, and start moving. Good luck!
  • kbeloved
    kbeloved Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Lose weight the way you intend to maintain it. A lot of people gain back the weight because they lose the weight in having a "diet" mindset. Don't think about it like a diet, just a change that will last a lifetime and it will! Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Go get it!
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You were stunning at 168lbs! I almost think you look too thin at 140, to be honest. You are a beautiful woman who can clearly carry herself with elegance and style even if you're not feeling your perfect weight.
  • loveby30
    loveby30 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you are going through!! I think it's hard to keep the weight off, when you are losing against a timeline or for an event. I got down to about where you are for a trip last summer, and then kinda "let go" and now I am starting again! sigh. Hey at least we keep getting back on that horse!

Add me if you want a starting again buddy :)
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    dont be in a bad place! hang in there youll get there!
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    We have all had our ups and downs! Welcome back! You look great, add me if youn want! :)
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    kbeloved wrote: »
    Lose weight the way you intend to maintain it. A lot of people gain back the weight because they lose the weight in having a "diet" mindset. Don't think about it like a diet, just a change that will last a lifetime and it will! Slow and steady wins the race!

Totally agree with this comment. look at it as a lifestyle change not a diet. I started at 167lbs and reached my target of 130lbs in the first 12 months with mfp.......but more importantly......I have kept it off for 2 years by staying with mfp (currently 133 but it was Christmas!!)

Add me if you are wanting more friends

Linda
  • Denziee
    Options

Thanks for all your comments people! I'm still on the wagon this week and doing well I think! Weigh in on Wednesday will show the true achievements or failures :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!