New

Options
Hi everyone, Just browsing the internet for healthy recipes when i came across this site.
What a fantastic idea someone to share ideas and recipes with great ! I was off work for 3 months just before xmas with a Virus hmm !! The pounds piled on so i started the year of great swimming ,zumba etc weight was gradually coming down felt great then BANG! my back went and i could barley walk for 2months . Turns out i have Osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia just been back at work for 2 weeks and its pretty tiring but i feel so fat and unhealthy its depressing been stopped smoking for 11 weeks as couldnt walk to go get so what was the point.
Need some friendly support and some serious motivation , problem is i would love to exercise but am worried about being exhausted for days after !!
Thanks x

Replies

• dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. As I don't know much about either condition I would suggest start out by tracking your food and trying to make healthy food choices. I work in an office all day so don't get much exercise but I do know when I eat healthier I feel better and still lose weight even on weeks that I can't exercise much. Good luck and I hope all works out for you. By the way, I had to quit smoking because of asthma - it is hard but I don't regret it. I chew sugarless gum during the day at work to keep my mouth busy and control my appetite.
  • autumnandthomas
    Options
    Hi yeah i work in a office too so know the feeling ,been on the sugar free gum for 11 wks lol. Trying to plan a menu for the week with healthy meals not easy trying to plan round everyones tastes.
  • La1210
    La1210 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome, welcome. Every step you take is burning calories, so just because you are not hitting the gym or doing a home workout doesn't mean your not burning calories. Exercise and your current condition probably don't mix right now, so keep track of your steps wear one of those pedometer things, log it under your cardio and you'll be pleasantly surprised at how many calories you burned. As far as good recipes do you have any easy favorites??? I
  • deanaozzy
    deanaozzy Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi...

The only one who can motivate you is yourself. It starts by taking a good hard look at what you're eating and logging it in because food is making you fat and unhealthy. If the only exercise you can do is walk then walk. Its a start! Don't come home and eat ice cream because you think, "I was good today, I walked". Wrong. Being overweight is unhealthy not just a physical hurdle but your body is struggling constantly to work at it's full capacity. If you have an iPhone I highly suggest you download the fooducate app. It's free and super fun and helpful. I tried it while I was gorery shopping and threw more then half of my selections back on the shelf. I hope you make small steady healthy decisions and get your body and self esteem back. EAT HEALTHY!!
  • xzy1000
    xzy1000 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi nice to meet you. I am new to the site too. Just wanted to say
    a quick hello as see you also suffer with fibro. I have fibro too and
    am in a similar situation to you. I started walking last week, the pain
    did increase but it was bearable, but expect you already know anyone
    with fibro is differant.
    I thought I would just try with the walking to start with and see how I
    get on. Speak soon good luck