Honestly Trying Again and Wanting To stay Motivated! - Need Friends!

Options
I joined again after the new year and I've lost 8 pounds. I would love to add some friends on MFP! In the past two years, I've gotten married, bought a house, gone thru a few medical issues and gained 30 pounds (on top of the additional 20 I had before getting married).

I have lost 8 pounds so far, but I'm hitting that place of complacency where I would love to have people to reach out to for tips and support! The best part is, I can give a lot of support back because giving support to others motivates me too!

Have a great day!!

Replies

• aliciahollinger
    aliciahollinger Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'll happily be your friend!! I need the motivation and encouragement too! Good luck to all of us!
  • MelissaRettie
    MelissaRettie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for motivation too!!!!!! Friend request on it's way. :)
  • Tikibar72
    Tikibar72 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm active and log in daily. Everyone is free to add me. The more the merrier!
  • brianderry1
    Options
    I can start a wellness program, im great at starting. Its the keeping it going that i have a problem with. HELP!!! lol
  • cherdh68
    Options
    I know the struggles of weight gain due to medication & medical problems & big life changes. They always say when Ya have someone to help in the battle to lose weight Ya have more success. I believe there is strength in #'s! Be glad to be help motivate you as well as myself being challenged.
  • jules92761
    jules92761 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I need help staying motivated too! Feel free to add me.
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm on a 165 day streak, so you could say I log consistently ;) I've lost 20 lbs and need to lose another 40 to get to a healthy weight.
  • judybegood
    judybegood Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm with you staying motivated is the hardest. I start off strong then get bored or discouraged when the scale doesn't show any real progress.
    New Year New start.

I got a fitbit and a new journal. Each day I track food and water on fitness pal and linked to my fitbit so they can talk.

Things to help with motivation. In the morning I write down at least 5 Goals that I can do through the day. During the day I add food and check my fitbit to see if eating whatever will keep me in the zone. If it doesn't I drink some more water take some more steps until I can eat something. Using the fit bit makes me more aware and monitoring through the day helps keep me on target.

Good luck you will find your way don't give up and remember you are doing this for YOU!
  • hlo9603
    hlo9603 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have a group on Facebook called "Get Fit Motivators" feel free to join for the extra motivation and support! You can also add me as a friend here in MFP!