New year, new me!

Options
Hello! I've used MFP off and on for over a year now, but I have never even opened the message boards until today. :\ I gained 10 pounds over the holidays which I was shocked at, but I am so motivated now that I have completely eliminated refined sugar from my diet and have been in the gym every single day since I started again 11 days ago. I've since lost 7 pounds. I believe in a healthy lifestyle, but I have to admit that right now I am actually "on a diet" because I need to lose 20 pounds just to feel like I have accomplished something worthwhile,and then another 30 or so. I was feeling pretty bad there for a few weeks. I don't mind counting calories. I kind of like it. (weird) My electronic food scale and measuring cups are my best friends in this process, but would love to have some interaction with human beings going through the same things. Nice to meet you all!
Katrina

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Hi Katrina!

Holiday weight gain happens to me every year, I've come to expect it. But I never stop going, because I remember that this is for life, this thing I'm doing. I eat pizza and drink wine and do all the things I like to do (in moderation) because I'm going to come up against those things after I lose the weight I want to lose.

Feel free to add me as a friend. You can do this.
  • katrinakoenig
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement! :) I generally don't deprive myself. I certainly didn't over the holidays. haha I honestly think that so much sugar intake in December actually made it easier to just quit cold turkey. Didn't expect that.
  • hlo9603
    hlo9603 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have a group on Facebook called "Get Fit Motivators" feel free to join for the extra motivation and support! You can also add me as a friend here in MFP!
  • katrinakoenig
    Options
    Thanks! hlo9603 :) I will look for it on FB.