My healthier high-protein alternative to flavoured yogurt.

Options
After deciding to eat healthier I wanted to replace pre-flavoured, sugar filled yogurts with greek yogurt, but can't stand the sour taste, so decided to try a few different options of things in the fridge. My favourite so far..

Ingredients:
85g - Fage 0% Greek Yogurt (1/2 of a 170g tub)
20g - Fresh blueberries (I use Tesco's)
4g - Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey, Strawberry Flavour
10ml - Semi-skimmed milk (Optional, but makes it a bit creamier and smoother to eat)
1 tspn - Honey

Macros with honey:
Calories - 100
Carbs - 12g
Fat - 0g
Protein - 12g
Sugar - 11g

Macros without honey:
Calories - 79
Carbs - 6g
Fat - 0g
Protein - 12g
Sugar - 5g

* There is of course carbs, sugar & fat in milk, though MFP macros log as 0g as 10ml must not be enough to generate a value. If you want to minimise calories, use 5-10ml water instead.

I usually mix with a spoon as I don't have a blender and it taste similar to spelga low-fat strawberry yogurt to me (which has 15g sugar!)

If you're training you likely already have whey at home and most people have milk and honey, the blueberries and yogurt cost only £5.50 per 10 servings (Tesco's), so this is perfect to prep loads in a blender and use as up to a weeks worth of snacks!

Replies

• ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I don't like most regular yogurt because I find it to sweet, so I always go for unsweetened Greek. Before you buy yogurt check the back of the label because sometimes even if it is 0% fat, it has more sugar then yogurt with the fat in it. Here are some ways I like to spruce up my yogurt. I take 1 cup of Greek yogurt and mix it with a tablespoon of Nutella and mix in raspberries and strawberries! Sometimes I will add a tablespoon or two of slivered almonds. Or take yogurt and mix with a tablespoon of peanut butter, sliced banana and a little but of honey or agave.
  • klbrowser
    klbrowser Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened frozen fruit available year round. My faves are blackberries, cherries, raspberries, strawberries and mango. I just defrost one cup of fruit and add it to one cup of Chobani plain nonfat Greek yogurt. I sweeten it with stevia. Sometimes I will add one ounce of KIND Peanut Butter Whole Grain Clusters.