Shakeology reviews?

Options
had my first one today and thought it was awful. Anyone else have similar experience?

Replies

• Ann_Marie_76
    Ann_Marie_76 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Ha ha what kind did you have?? I'll be honest, I didn't like them the first time I had them either. Been using it since mid December and love them. Pinterest has some amazing recipes. Add me if you'd like.
  • kyrstin__1188
    kyrstin__1188 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Haha - I hated it at first! I still can't drink it with just water. I have tried a bunch of their recipes, as well as recipes I've found on Pinterest. So many good ones, and it makes it way easier to drink! :)
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I tried them last year. They were ok. Not my fav but I could tolerate them. Does anyone find they help with weight loss?
  • magisy
    magisy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I used them for awhile and found I actually liked the shakes with cold coffee as the liquid.
  • Neda1178
    Options
    yummy with PB2 and a banana!! :)
  • kastout36
    kastout36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I thought they didn't taste all that good either when I drank the first one, but couldn't believe the amount of energy that first one gave me. I kept on with drinking one for breakfast each morning and adding different fruits to them and unsweetened almond milk. I had the strawberry and chocolate non-vegan. After a week of drinking them they weren't so bad tasting. Really curbed my appetite and I lost 30lbs on shakeology. I'd like to get back on it again, just hate the cost!
  • treesalyn
    treesalyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't care for the vanilla, the tropical is ok. I love the (vegan) chocolate though. I don't like any of them with water. I make mine with almond milk and a banana, which helps with the consistency. I think any of the flavors are a bit of an acquired taste, after all, it's chock full of really healthy ingredients. It's not going to taste like ice cream!
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Why throw money at a fad, that you apparently don't like, when you can practice sustainable moderation!

Weight loss = fewer calories in than out. You don't need an overpriced fad to do that.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Please don't waste your money on Shakeology (unless you want to of course) which is $4.00 per shake. You can get much cheaper, better tasting and higher quality protein powder (coupled with a multi vitamin) from the store. I swear they take advantage of women who have no idea about protein powder or working out....you sign up for some Beach Body program and then wham!....they tell you...YOU NEED THIS SHAKE! It is a racket ladies. And no, they do not help in weight losss. It is calories in versus calories out.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Yuk, these sound gross, and you have to mix it with stuff to even stomach it. Have you tried any of the cheaper protein powder? My 2 year old keeps stealing my Sytha-6 strawberry powder. Just powder and water, good thing its cheap. Kid is on a bulk.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    over priced garbage...

MFP is free, just use that...
  • SunnyDinCA
    SunnyDinCA Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion....I looked at the label online today....and for five dollars a serving a list of proper ingredients would be nice. I don't trust a label with "proprietary" ingredients. For the kind of workouts you do (in my case T25/PiYo) as a meal replacement, I don't believe it provides your body with enough protein. There are many better cheaper cleaner protein shakes out there. :) ps.....keep pushing PLAY!
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My first I made with the 8oz of water and a full scoop of chocolate - YUCK! I now make mine with a 10 oz of bold/robust coffee & 1 oz water. Add ice. I like less of the powder, so I only do 3/4, maybe a bit more, of the chocolate powder.
    To mix it up- I do add a teaspoon of Crazy Richard's Pure PB - Powdered Peanut Butter in if I know lunch might not happen by 1pm.
    I mostly use it to up my protein levels, plus I have no time for breakfast in the am, so I drink while traveling - I've also found personally the more protein I consume, the more weight I lose. Could be me, but as I increase protein/cut the fat & sodium down - in turn it seems to be working.
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Seriously, low fat chocolate milk is used by more athletes than Shakeology.
  • CarmenEis
    CarmenEis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm not a coach and I don't sell it. And I LOVE IT! Yes it has helped me lose weight.

I like the chocolate best and use water, ice, 1/2 banana and PB2. It's tolerable, gives me a sweet fix and tons of energy. I don't get hungry later either, really helps with my appetite. I started using it 2 years ago, lost nearly 30 pounds in 90 days. Stopped and put half of that weight lost back on. I've been back on it again recently and have lost 4 pounds my first two weeks, but I'm also working out 4-5 days/week. For me Shakeology and MFP have been HUGE in helping me achieve my goals. Hope that helps a bit.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I don't like them. I'm not one to try to doctor something up or push through if I don't like it so I stopped at the first one... I'm not big on the idea of shakes as a meal anyway.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Yuk, these sound gross, and you have to mix it with stuff to even stomach it. Have you tried any of the cheaper protein powder? My 2 year old keeps stealing my Sytha-6 strawberry powder. Just powder and water, good thing its cheap. Kid is on a bulk.
    Hahah my kids love mine too
  • cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I tried the chocolate once just mixing with water and it was awful, couldn't believe people would spend so much money on yucky stuff. I have heard it is better "shake style" but haven't tried it yet
    does anyone notice that it benefits them in any other way than weight loss? Like does it help with inflammation in the body, high blood pressure, migraines, moods, etc? I read in another post that it lowered some peoples cholesterol but I tend to think that the exercise one is doing is prob helping with the cholesterol. For those losing weight with it, are you just doing the shakeology or are you exercising as well? Just wondering if the weight loss is from that alone. I would love to try it again if it weren't so darn pricey :(
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    kaseyr1505 wrote: »
    Why throw money at a fad, that you apparently don't like, when you can practice sustainable moderation!

Weight loss = fewer calories in than out. You don't need an overpriced fad to do that.

/thread
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I was always curious about the taste of it as well so I tried a shake at a girlfriends house that I was staying at. Had it with almond milk, some PB2 and a banana. Personally, I prefer the taste and texture of the protein shake that I get from Costco (Kaizen Whey Isolate in Decadent Chocolate or Vanilla) and at just over $1/shake, its better for my wallet too.

I use protein powders to ensure that I'm getting my protein up throughout the day because I feel like it helps me feel fuller throughout the day and prevents me from feeling as snacky.

My girlfriend swears by Shakeology though, she's lost quite a bit of weight. I'll stick with my Kaizen shake though. I might however order the PB2 since that is a good savings on calories compared to my regular natural peanut butter at 100 calories/Tbsp.

It really is all calories in vs calories out and if people find that Shakeology works for them, good on them!