Cancer survivor looking for support

Options
Hey everyone-

I have tried MFP in the past with success but was diagnosed with Stage IIIc Ovarian Cancer in September 2012. I had to have a complete hysterectomy (at age 26), bowel resection, and my appendix taken out since my cancer was involved with all of them. Through chemo I have gained a lot of weight due to the steriods I was on. I now want to lose 50 lbs and get back to a healthy weight.

I would love support from other cancer survivors and any tips or suggestions!

Katie

Replies

• ayanna32
    ayanna32 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow Katie, I'm sorry to hear about your plight with cancer but very glad to see you here. My mother in law was recently diagnosed and going through chemo now, we're very close. I am not a survivor but I've been affected through family and I'd love to support you please feel free to friend me if you wish, take care.
  • criswkh
    Options
    Hi Katie- I had BC in 2013 at the age of 36 and full "spay". I gain about 50# on chemo due to an allergic reactions, so steroids and benadryl followed. My oncologist told me women under 40 tend to gain weight and don't expect to loose any the first year out of treatment. I was training for half marathon before Felix, my cancer tumor's name,but now during the same area in my training I'm good to loose 10-15#s so far. Just keep going and you can do it.
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie, I don't have any experience with cancer, but I did have a total hysterectomy two years ago because of a a cancer scare. If there is anything I can do to support you, just let me know!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Fellow survivor of four years. I had a bowel resection as well as colostomy bag, chemo, radiation and several surgeries. I am a active supporter of people dx'd with cancer, rheumatoid arthritis as well as other autoimmune diseases at this site. Feel free to add me, but please include note as I got a lot of FRs and would want to make sure to accept yah.
  • vargasgal
    vargasgal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Another survivor here. I was diagnosed March 2013, stage 1a, at age 39. I had cysts on both ovaries leftover from a pregnancy 7 months earlier. I began having pain, so we decided to remove the cysts. Pathology discovered cancer on the right side. so I ended up having a total hysterectomy. Did 6 rounds of chemo post-surgery. Luckily I didn't gain much weight during chemo because I already had enough to lose! I completed a couch to 5k plan last summer/fall, but I had to back off due to a cold and my wrenching my knee. I am trying to hop back on the bandwagon and would love to connect with other survivors.