I'll be spinning away!!!

Options
I am soooo excited to report that I am getting my very own personal SPINNING BIKE!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Spinning is my all-time favorite cardio-workout, but I don't get to do it as often as I like because I work full-time and I'm a full-time student and the class times don't work with my schedule. BUT, my gym has purchased all brand new spin bikes for the Group Cycle studio and they are selling the old bikes (and when I say old, I mean only like 4 years old) for $250.00! I went to the Schwinn website and this same exact bike is still retailing for over $1200. I can hardly contain my excitement!:drinker: Sunday can't get here fast enough. Now this Tuesday when I'm watching Jillian kick butt on the Biggest Loser, I can hop on my bike and kick butt too:bigsmile:

Replies

• arjames82
    Options
    I am soooo excited to report that I am getting my very own personal SPINNING BIKE!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Spinning is my all-time favorite cardio-workout, but I don't get to do it as often as I like because I work full-time and I'm a full-time student and the class times don't work with my schedule. BUT, my gym has purchased all brand new spin bikes for the Group Cycle studio and they are selling the old bikes (and when I say old, I mean only like 4 years old) for $250.00! I went to the Schwinn website and this same exact bike is still retailing for over $1200. I can hardly contain my excitement!:drinker: Sunday can't get here fast enough. Now this Tuesday when I'm watching Jillian kick butt on the Biggest Loser, I can hop on my bike and kick butt too:bigsmile:
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Aren't you a lucky girl, spin,spin,spin away :wink: :bigsmile:
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Sounds fabulous! I would need a spin dvd though. Otherwise I would be content to just stay in a flat ride the whole time! :laugh:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Yipeeeeeeeeeee!! Congrats and have fun with it. Loud music and lots of pedal movement.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Can make up a spin class on a bike at the gym on my own??? How does spinning work?

:flowerforyou:

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Cole4248
    Cole4248 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Can make up a spin class on a bike at the gym on my own??? How does spinning work?

44118.png

I am a spinning instructor, and unless you have been to a class, it is hard to get the equivalant on your own. Spinning bikes have tension on them that you can't get from an ordinary stationary bike. It is like working out with 20lb. weights on your feet. Try a class!!! It is amazing.

~Nicole
  • plantlady99
    Options

44118.png

I am a spinning instructor, and unless you have been to a class, it is hard to get the equivalant on your own. Spinning bikes have tension on them that you can't get from an ordinary stationary bike. It is like working out with 20lb. weights on your feet. Try a class!!! It is amazing.

~Nicole

The gym I go to does not have classes but the bikes have different levels of tension. Let me tell you I feel like I am pushing 20lbs sometimes, The bikes also have programs in it for speed, fat burning etc. Is that like it?
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options

44118.png

~Nicole

The gym I go to does not have classes but the bikes have different levels of tension. Let me tell you I feel like I am pushing 20lbs sometimes, The bikes also have programs in it for speed, fat burning etc. Is that like it?

No they are specific bikes for spinning and you twist a knob to increase or decrease resistance. You are just talking about the normal gym bikes. Hope this helps!
  • plantlady99
    Options

44118.png

~Nicole

No they are specific bikes for spinning and you twist a knob to increase or decrease resistance. You are just talking about the normal gym bikes. Hope this helps!

Oh well, I guess I will have to make due. Thanks
  • arjames82
    Options
    I've been attending spin classes regularly (3 days a week) for about a year and they have me in the BEST cardio conditioning of my life. My only complaint is that some of the classes can get a little loud for my taste, so I'm looking forward to the opportunity to ride my heart and challenge myself to some tunes that I love. I already have a few playlists running through my mind:glasses: