I want to lose some weight but not too much

Options
Hi! I'm gabriella and I want to tone up and lose this pouch im sporting on my stomach (my back fat, love handles, inner thighs, etc can go too lbs)

I say tone because I do like having a little meat on me. But I don't like that i self shame whenever I look in the mirror naked. Sure I think I'm hot but dammit id be hotter if i could move the weight from my arms to my *kitten*!

That's my story. And I'm here because I need friends. Or people to just help me stay focused. Encouragement is a thing I've never fully had in previous diet challenges. Which im thinking may be the reason I'm still a chubster.

Replies

• ivzies
    ivzies Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm Ivy. In the past few months I've become health conscious. After focusing on preparing my own meals with "healthy" ingredients I found that I felt better overall. You can't really compete with that. The weight lost was a side effect of that and I sort of got addicted to it. I basically just want to look and feel better. I have a few health issues so working out is an issue for me sometimes but eating healthy is something I can do everyday. I didn't realize this app was interactive but since it is why not play along.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    When I joined the advice I got was to eat at maintenance or a very small deficit and to strength train/ lift weights. And eat approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. It's good advice. I do Strong Curves. You might like that!
  • SimplyRidge
    Options
    Hi Gabriella! I'm in the same boat. My "number" weight isn't my problem, it's where I carry it on my body-mainly my stomach and hips. So I've just been paying closer attention to what I eat. I don't think of it like a diet, so I don't feel like I'm sacrificing and I don't binge. Along with 30 min workouts 5 days a week, I'm hoping to tone up and feel better about myself. We can do this!
  • gabrielladefrance
    Options
    That's so true I do look at the numbers too much. That may be one of the reasons I fail so many times... I look and see no weight loss and figure i might as well have some cookie dough icecream since all that work was for nothing. I'm going to try and hide my scale