looking for people who have had a positive experience with lap band surgery

I had lapband surgery in September and it is the best thing that I have ever done for myself. Looking for others who feel as I do.

Replies

• Hi yes i feel the same because if it wasn't for my band i would be bigger.I get off track a lot I could do better haven't had a fill in about a year i been band 4 yrs.I moved so i don't go often no doctor will see me in the the state i moved to so i have to go back.But other than that it works if you work
  • skinnyminime5
    skinnyminime5 Posts: 64 Member
    Add me guys! I am post opt 3 years :)
  • Hey guys. I got my lap band in October of 2011. I've had great success. I lost about 75lbs. I've recently gained some weight and am looking to get back in shape to be as healthy as possible because my boyfriend and I would love to get pregnant this year. We've been trying since September. Feel free to add me.
  • SherrieBee71
    SherrieBee71 Posts: 21 Member
    I had gastric, not the lap band. That was in 2009. I lost but after a divorce, I ate my emotions. Need to get off about 40lbs I gained. The biggest tip they pushed at my orientation was to remember that it's a tool only and whatever "issues" got the weight on, wont be gone after the surgery. lol. Boy where they right. BUT that good thing is that I know what to do. I see now what my triggers are (emotional eating) and with support learning to deal with ways to work off those emotions rather than eating. I think the surgery for me was the best thing I could have done for myself.
  • tmahfouza
    tmahfouza Posts: 39 Member
    I had lap band in December 2014. Please add me!