I want burger in the worst way...HELP!

Options
It's about that time in my day when I start craving the worst food and suddenly the office party left overs start looking really good. I only grabbed one snack leaving the house today, and I don't have time to run and get something. I need some tips on how to avoid going in the kitchen and eating away my progress....talk me down from the ledge! LOL

Replies

• NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat a burger... think of all the grease that's in it... yuck. And you could have something way more healthy than that...
  • Roseisadreamer
    Options
    think how well youve done so far!
    i was like this with chocolate only a couple of days ago, i can empathise completely!
    think about how you'll feel tomorrow if you give in, and then think about how proud you will feel if you stay strong - by tomorrow when the craving is gone you will be so pleased with yourself!
  • lexy83
    lexy83 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    try Jenni-o turkey burger! With low cal bun! yummy
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    go have one then dont torture yourself this is also about being happy too... also though uhm eat this not that has decent reccomendations

AND try to eat before you get to this point from now on
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Think of how bad its gonna feel if you DO eat the burger. You'll be so disappointed in yourself and its not worth it.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Is there a red robin on the way home? Hit em up! Ask for a monster lettuce wrapped burger. Mmm, delicious protein! I had one for lunch myself.

Sorry, but in my books, a burger can be a healthy option (esp if you lettuce wrap it, and load it with veggies)
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    eat a veggie burger i love them and only 190 calories with a a small salad
  • CharleneN
    CharleneN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    try Jenni-o turkey burger! With low cal bun! yummy

And top it with salsa!!! YUM!!!
  • spaztastic13
    spaztastic13 Posts: 229
    Options
    MMMMM!!!! Burger..i really miss In & out Burger holy cow good thing i dont go back to california that often ...oh sorry ya ok pick something healthy do not eat a burger....sorry for the thought...lol
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options
    try to bring a snack that contains lots of fiber, it will keep you fuller longer and i find only when im hungry does work food smell good... i KNOW its hard, i resist ever sunday my work orders pizza ( :explode: ) but i always make sure i bring a lunch and a snack... so that delicious smelling pizza, not so tempting anymore... its me vs. the pizza and i always come prepared so i always win! :happy:
  • theresabell67
    theresabell67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wait 20 minutes, drink some water. Then if you still have the craving, then have 1/2 of a burger, with more water. To sit there and deny yourself a " true craving" you will run the risk of "bingeing " later on.
  • MintyStarshine
    Options
    Turkey burgers are a good option too! I fixed them for a get together last Saturday and they were SO good! And they had half the fat of a regular burger and were minimally processed so the sodium wasn't high.

I've never tried a veggie burger before, so I can't endorse those, but turkey burgers are AWESOME.
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If not a veggie burger or the like, you could grill yourself a decent-sized (not tiny, not huge) hamburger, get a low fat cheese slice if you want, use minimal condiments (I use A1 instead of ketchup to do my best), put it on a plate without a bun (or use a better bread like whole grain) and don't have a pile of fries -- maybe make yourself a heap of steamed veggies as a counterpoint.
  • sarahmay25
    sarahmay25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    O I was in the same boat earlier! I just got back from the grocery store so I decided instead of a burger I'm going to make lean ground beef salad with low fat cheese, salsa, black beans, and a dallop of low fat sour cream... at least it throws out the carbs and adds in lots of veggies!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with a burger? If you use lean meat and fresh toppings, a totally acceptable meal. This is a lifestyle change, not torture. if you want a burger, eat the d@mn burger. Moderation and doing it in a more healthy way is the KEY!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    The low carb guacamole turkey burger from CArl's Jr. is 260 calories.
  • babersbh
    babersbh Posts: 32
    Options
    I was craving a burger...so I had one..but I made it at home. I bought extra lean ground beef, used soda crackers as a filler and then cooked it on the barbeque. Still not the "ultimate" in healthy, but tons healthier than if I would have gone to MacDonalds for one! It was super yummy and I haven't had a craving for one since.

My theory...if you want it..have it...but make it healthier, otherwise you don't feel satisfied and you are left with the craving. It has been working for me amazingly well! Good luck!
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    My very delicious burger craving fix:

Whole Wheat Kasier roll from walmart, cut in half to make a bun=190 cals
    Boca Vegan burger patty (truely tastes like the real thing or I would NOT eat it!)=70 calories
    Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss, 1 wedge=35 calories
    Pace Chunky Salsa, 2 tbsp=20 calories
    (don't have to use the salsa, you can add your own veggies that you like, as many of them as you want!)

cook the patty, spread the cheese on the roll, pour the salsa on the burger, top with other half of the roll... AMAZING, filling burger in 10 minutes and for only 315 calories! And there are DEFINITELY lower cal buns out there, I just personally really like these ones!
  • rishaskye
    rishaskye Posts: 24
    Options
    Thank you for all of the wonderful suggestions. Luckily I found a crystal light single packet in my car (yes, I went digging in my car for SOMETHING). That should hold me off until I finish up at the office. I won't forget to bring my snacks to work ever again...LESSON LEARNED!

I am definitely going to try some of the burger suggestions. Thanks again for the support. I HEART MFP!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Cheers!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    The low carb guacamole turkey burger from CArl's Jr. is 260 calories.

Really! Yum!