To count or not to count...

Options
13»

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Count everything and ,if you haven't already, invest in a food scale. :) May help you in the long run.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    You can use MFP in all kinds of ways. 1200 plus free produce is probably not a bad diet, if you're like most people and are not going to binge on bananas and avocados. To see how sensible it is for you, log a typical day of produce intake and see how much it is. 300 calories is probably pretty normal (or is for me, if I'm on a 'free produce' plan). So 1200 plus 'free' is going to put me around 1500, which would equal slow/moderate losses.

It's not going to have a huge effect on your results if some days you're at 200 and some at 600. And if it being 'free' encourages you to eat more produce, that's a healthy habit to get into. I lost 50 lbs. on a WW plan where not only was all produce free but so was all lean protein, eggs, oats and some other whole grains in moderation. Different things work. We're not all prone to binge without restricting every food group.
  • UnikittyRocks
    UnikittyRocks Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can use MFP in all kinds of ways. 1200 plus free produce is probably not a bad diet, if you're like most people and are not going to binge on bananas and avocados. To see how sensible it is for you, log a typical day of produce intake and see how much it is. 300 calories is probably pretty normal (or is for me, if I'm on a 'free produce' plan). So 1200 plus 'free' is going to put me around 1500, which would equal slow/moderate losses.

It's not going to have a huge effect on your results if some days you're at 200 and some at 600. And if it being 'free' encourages you to eat more produce, that's a healthy habit to get into. I lost 50 lbs. on a WW plan where not only was all produce free but so was all lean protein, eggs, oats and some other whole grains in moderation. Different things work. We're not all prone to binge without restricting every food group.

That's an interesting way to look at it. Yesterday and today, my produce is about 220 cal and I'm on 1200 cal per day. Plus my workouts last 2 days burned 500+. I ended up under my allotment yesterday, but only b/c of the gym.