Need encouragement please!

Options
Hi all,
Last week, I faithfully tracked on MFP (first time ever tracking more than 1 or 2 days), but I slipped on Friday and had french onion soup, ceasar salad and beer for dinner. Of course, the scale showed a gain the next morning. Logically, I know it was because of what I consumed on Friday night, but emotionally, I feel defeated. I've been trying all this week to get back on track, and have done so today, but I weigh myself on Saturday mornings, and am now afraid of what it will look like.
Please give me a kick in the behind and tell me that MFP really does work.....IF you track accurately.
Thank you

Replies

• serenitymcc
    serenitymcc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It really does work! And the best thing to do after a day of eating over your goal is to start fresh the next day. Try not to beat yourself up - if it were easy to just eat super healthy low calorie foods all the time, none of us would need to be here, right?
  • dawn_lacy
    dawn_lacy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem I lost all but 2 pounds of my target weight and now I'm slowly gaining it back all because I slipped a few times and have lost control. Just keep using your a so your forced to look at what your eating. Yesterday was the first day in a month I was under my calorie goal and it was only by 41. Keep your chin up. You can do it.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, you're doing GREAT! One slip won't kill ya just like one day of healthy eating won't achieve your goals. It's all about the Compound Effect, take it day by day, keep tracking, keep making good choices as much as you can and you WILL see the results. Rome wasn't built in a day and your goals won't come to fruition overnight. It takes time and a whole lotta patience!

Feel free to friend me! :)
  • doesthisappmakemelookfat
    Options
    salt, salt, salt. Don't let it beat you. I know how hard it is, but don't give up because of one number. I do the same thing, and where would I be if I just didn't give in to the mind games!?
  • SpikeTailTurtle
    Options
    jaxsonp74 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Last week, I faithfully tracked on MFP (first time ever tracking more than 1 or 2 days), but I slipped on Friday and had french onion soup, ceasar salad and beer for dinner. Of course, the scale showed a gain the next morning. Logically, I know it was because of what I consumed on Friday night, but emotionally, I feel defeated. I've been trying all this week to get back on track, and have done so today, but I weigh myself on Saturday mornings, and am now afraid of what it will look like.
    Please give me a kick in the behind and tell me that MFP really does work.....IF you track accurately.
    Thank you
    Well weight fluctuates due to water and intake. One meal won't make a permanent gain. All the things you listed are things I eat. Sometimes regularly. I love french onion soup and I'm still on a loss. I wish it was less work to make. I'd eat it more.

The only thing to do is look at why you slip up and try to fix it. My last major slip up was a painful sugar/carb craving on my period. So I made a deal with myself. I can eat a cupcake whenever I want from my favorite cupcake place down the road as long as I WALK to go get it. It's 3 miles round trip. I've done it twice and both times came out ahead. When I want something I make it fit into my life.

I log more often than not. And as long as I stay close to what they ask me to. I loose weight like they said I would. Some weeks better than others. But it's not all about weight. I never want to be thin. I want to be healthy.