For women with stupid flabby arms

Options
I'm completely sick of ym flabby arms.I can't find the perfect workout for them...anyone got any tips. Also im doing a may walking challenge to walk for a total of 600 minutes this month...any one up to join me...next month is 700 minutes

Replies

• Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    resistance bands are my best friend...
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    i know this sounds wierd but i picked up a magazine(i can't remeber which one) anyways it had where you take a resistance band and put it through your sleeves so it comes flat on your back and you hold on to each end while you walk and this is supposed to help your arms get toned i am going to try it soon
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've been the exercises recommended on these two videos for my flabby arms for about 3 weeks now - husband swears there is a difference - there is certainly a lot of muscle building up under all the flab!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwEIAXTeICo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xyDY60_s-g

I can do the walking challenge...walked for 120 minutes today!
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    i'll have to try that...I've been trying everything..they are my sworn enemies
  • angechilada
    angechilada Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat. I've been lifting weights for the past 6+ weeks to try to build muscle to get more definition in my arms, and I'm now down to about 21% body fat (from 25% a few months ago) and I still have flabby arms. So as you lose weight, your body will decide when it starts taking fat from your arms. :( sorry, I know it sucks. I've hated my arms since middle school...I actually had a school ID back then that showed part of my arm and I hated it so much that I covered it up with a piece of paper and tape. LOL. But eventually if you lose enough weight through diet and exercise, they should get smaller! There is hope! haha
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    I've been the exercises recommended on these two videos for my flabby arms for about 3 weeks now - husband swears there is a difference - there is certainly a lot of muscle building up under all the flab!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwEIAXTeICo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xyDY60_s-g

I can do the walking challenge...walked for 120 minutes today!
    yay muscle! lol but ok i posted a topic about it called 600 minute walking challenge..or something like that lol
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I use the shake weight........... in addition to free weights and it seems to work quite well for me.......
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    i have been told to hold a weight in both hands and hold behind your head and lift it up and back down (keeping it behind your head) and this is supposed to work on the back of your arms (or your wings as i call them) :happy:
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i have been told to hold a weight in both hands and hold behind your head and lift it up and back down (keeping it behind your head) and this is supposed to work on the back of your arms (or your wings as i call them) :happy:
    lol! aka tricep extensions :)
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Shadow boxing 3 min rounds
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 30 Day Shred and Ripped In 30 from Jillian Michaels...I swear that my endurance has gone up and my arms are definitely more toned!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    lol! aka tricep extensions :)
    just trying to simplify it...not everyone knows what a tricep extension is or the question wouldn't have been asked!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend recommended tricep kickbacks for me. You can feel the burn, too

http://www.fitlink.com/exercise?type=stability+ball&exercise=tricep+kickback
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity. We've spent the last three days on the roof shingling, and every year I end the volunteer week with better looking arms than when I started. :-)
  • ifrog3n1
    ifrog3n1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    In this economy, every penny counts. If you can't afford weights at the moment, use canned goods for your weights.
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    I use the shake weight........... in addition to free weights and it seems to work quite well for me.......

I use the shake weight but unsure how to log it in my exercise log, what do you suggest?
  • taurus39
    taurus39 Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank you both I didn't know what they were either. I have been working out and I can see muscle in the front back the back /bottom of my arms are hanging ,I have never had such flabby arms as I do know since I've been working out so hard lately.