OMG boss ordered wings!!!!!!!

Options
Omg Im eating my nice and healthy steak salad and my boss orders pizza and wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! what do you guys do in that situation?????

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Not to be a jerk, but I either make it fit into my day, or exercise some self control.

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Carry on eating the steak and salad...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Not to be a jerk, but I either make it fit into my day, or exercise some self control.

Yep!!
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I usually do one of two things:
    1. Ignore the new food and go about my day as previously planned.
    2. Have a moderate amount of the work food, log it, and modify my day's plan to make it fit, either by adding exercise or reducing food consumption later in the day.
  • CatJill86
    CatJill86 Posts: 35 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thank you @tiptoethruthetulips‌ that was the kind of answer I was looking for
  • CatJill86
    CatJill86 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    thanks @ acheben and @herrspoons
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Think of it as his food, so it's off limits anyway... Just have your steak salad!
  • Negriita2010
    Negriita2010 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    yup ignore the bosses food and concentrate on your food
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Two words. STAY AWAY. Literally, stay physically away from wherever the food is located. I work at a Country Club and I don't dare step foot in the kitchen when they are serving employee meal. It's always pizza, wings, pasta, bread etc. etc. I wait until later in the day to eat lunch (when employee meal is put away!) and then I go in the kitchen and prepare what I brought from home. Hope this helps! Good luck on your journey!
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Two words. STAY AWAY. Literally, stay physically away from wherever the food is located. I work at a Country Club and I don't dare step foot in the kitchen when they are serving employee meal. It's always pizza, wings, pasta, bread etc. etc. I wait until later in the day to eat lunch (when employee meal is put away!) and then I go in the kitchen and prepare what I brought from home. Hope this helps! Good luck on your journey!
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it?

When I used to work for a company and they had pot lucks or pizza and things for meetings I'd stay away for the most part. Sometimes I'd have a slice of pizza but usually not.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I had wings the other day and came in under calories...

It's up to you. If you want it, and can make it fit, go for it.

If you don't want it, or can't make it fit, I find it's easiest to avoid the area completely. And chew gum.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My boss occasionally likes to order pizza. Or get take out and offer to get me some as well. If I know the day before I can plan it into my day. If it is out of the blue I carry on with whatever I brought for lunch. If I forgot my lunch (or am stuck with my emergency oatmeal) I see if I can't work it into my day.

It's just food. Don't panic!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,927 Member
    Options
    Ask to share and it's a win win.
  • TheMannon
    TheMannon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I either make an excuse, make it fit, or just go enjoy. If the wings are from the 'right' spot I'm eating them. But i'm also in more of a maintenance phase. If you know it'll spiral you into going HAM for the rest of the day (or worse) then avoid. One way or another, these are the type of things that happen that everyone has to eventually figure out how to deal with.

Wings are hard to make fit, btw - soooo high in cals.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Ordered pizza and wings for everyone, so there is free pizza and wings? Or ordered them for him/herself and the smell is wonderfully delicious?

If it free, my reaction would totally depend on my mood. Most days I'd probably just skip it. Some days I'd put my salad in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch and indulge. Other days I'd eat my salad, but grab some pizza and wings to take home for dinner.