Banana and egg pancakes?!

Options
DanniB423
DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
Have any of you tried the banana pancake recipe going around that entails just 2 eggs and a large banana? Some add cinnamon or vanilla extract. Is this edible? lol

Replies

• thecriticalvirgo
    thecriticalvirgo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I add oats, Greek yogurt and vanilla to mine. If you don't add the oats it has a crazy egg flavor.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I add oats, Greek yogurt and vanilla to mine. If you don't add the oats it has a crazy egg flavor.
    Great idea! Thanks!
  • reedhundred01
    Options
    It is very edible!! I love this recipe and make it regularly for breakfast, since I'm not a fan of ripe bananas and I always end up at the grocery store when they've got bunches of yellow-bananas. I add a little spice & coconut oil usually. This morning, I mixed in some leftover kale & bean sprout salad. It was delicious and nice waker-upper.
  • mizzevo
    Options
    I did this and I did add cinnamon and vanilla extract to it it takes just like custard so yummy
  • Milenac93
    Milenac93 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yeah all I add to mine are cinnamon and vanilla extract and then ill layer them with some chunky peanut butter and oh my goodness it's so delicious...
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Quick oats or regular
  • Robbnva
    Options
    Milenac93 wrote: »
    Yeah all I add to mine are cinnamon and vanilla extract and then ill layer them with some chunky peanut butter and oh my goodness it's so delicious...

Gotta try that
  • AmyJ1211
    AmyJ1211 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/banana-oat-greek-yogurt-pancakes/

This is the recipe that I have tried, and it's DELICIOUS. The pancakes are filling and not too sweet. I don't put syrup on them to keep the calorie count down. Has lots of protein and some fiber.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Tried it to use up some old bananas. Meh. 1/5 would not eat again.
  • Robbnva
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Tried it to use up some old bananas. Meh. 1/5 would not eat again.
    Yeah just banana and egg, not that good. More like a crepe to me. But I want to try adding oats
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound so great. Now I have made protein pancakes that are great (egg whites, oatmeal, vanilla extract, baking soda, cottage cheese) and top with cinnamon and any fruit you like (I prefer berries but bananas work well too).
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My daughter tried them (gluten free) & they were just too thin to be a pancake. Next time she added about 1/4 cup of gf flour mix, & I think they were ok.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    never tried it but keep hearing about it. I will give it a try...I love those ingredients.
  • hazeldixon89
    hazeldixon89 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I eat these literally most days...1 tbsp of organic brown flour helps, or a pinch of baking soda :) the riper the banana the better the pancake. Add blueberries its nomcity!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Mrs Jruzer makes nice pancakes on the weekend with flour, eggs, sugar, and buttermilk. ;)
  • ebyla85
    ebyla85 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried the banana pancake recipe going around that entails just 2 eggs and a large banana? Some add cinnamon or vanilla extract. Is this edible? lol
    Add a scoop of protein powder sooo delicious !
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Yup I make them sometimes - they're not bad, IMO. And they definitely do the trick when I'm craving a sweeter breakfast.
  • Robbnva
    Options
    But regular pancakes aren't that bad for you, if you don't mind the carbs.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I don't get it, I've tried them 3 times adding vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, other fruit and all I can taste is egg! Ewww it did not even come close to a pancake taste, even swimming in syrup. I just stick to a few "regular" homemade pancakes. Much better!
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Robbnva wrote: »
    But regular pancakes aren't that bad for you, if you don't mind the carbs.

Yup, those are good too. I still like the banana ones when I'm looking for a higher protein pancake fix though. Just a personal preference.