Movie date ?

Options
Hubs and I have a much needed movie date tonight. He has already expressed his excitement about buttery movie popcorn. It's been almost six years since we've been to the theater. Any ideas for something I could have? Calorie info is hard to find! I have 580 left today. And I don't plan to "just plan and eat and have fun" because too much of that put me here:/ ha. Thanks !

Replies

• Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the popcorn. Movie theater pop corn is high in fat and calories. You should probably get soemthign packaged or sneak in something you will enjoy. And something you won't regret later.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ummm... at a movie theatre... well I looked up nutritional info at my local one and the things around 580 or less were the sodas (<200), nachos with cheese (~300), ... um...

You know what, here's the link haha. 580 isn't too bad a number to work with. But you should try Googling your own theatre.

http://mediafiles.cineplex.com/FoodDrink/CPX20Nutritional.pdf
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I second sneaking something in
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Honestly... my rule is never to eat while watching something because you don't enjoy it as much. I wouldn't eat anything there...
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bring your own snack, like trail mix or low fat popcorn. Or tell him you'll share his and then only have a small amount or maybe even bring a sandwich ziplock, put some of his in there, and then that's it for the popcorn.
  • billyfleet1988
    Options
    Fill up on good food before you go.

For most people restriction diets usually end in disaster. Indulge a little if you have to but keep in your mind you have to work those cals off... No excuses!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I'm not usually a fan of movie theater food unless it's a movie tavern style places. Either bring something in your purse or skip the food altogether (altogether then grab decent food before or after).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    If I was in the position I would just enjoy the date and time with my wife and not worry about calorie counting...going out to the movies once every six years and having some popcorn with butter has pretty much no baring on the larger picture.

Enjoy yourself and get back on that pony the next day.
  • Itsjustkelly
    Options
    Popcorn is really not that bad as long as you skip the "butter" sauce. If I were you, I'd let hubby get buttery popcorn and then get my own small, unbuttered bag.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I know AMC posts their nutrition information. A medium bag of popcorn without butter is 430 calories and 590 with butter. I know it varies from theater to theater, but a smallish bag of popcorn, hold the butter for you, and diet soda will fit in your calories.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I refuse to pay for movie theater popcorn -- too darn expensive!!! I pop my own, & bring it in a sealed plastic bag, in a large purse or shopping bag. The hardest part is waiting for the movie to start so that I don't finish it during the previews!!!
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    580 calories is some really good chocolate and a diet soda. you could even have a hand-ful of popcorn. if it's been 6 years since you went to the movies, i personally wouldn't count calories!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    We usually get a large and then grease it up real good. I log 500 calories and hope she eats half. But after six years I would probably just go have fun. I watch a movie at least once a week I bet.