sad story

Options
I joined MFP a few weeks back in the hopes of getting some tips and support from a few healthy fellow Americans - and no one ever responded! I'm actually a little bummed about it all, especially because it can be really hard to self-motivate during a dreary Belgium winter...
Lesson learned? Sometimes the greatest motivation needs to come from within...

Replies

• meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP a few weeks back in the hopes of getting some tips and support from a few healthy fellow Americans - and no one ever responded! I'm actually a little bummed about it all, especially because it can be really hard to self-motivate during a dreary Belgium winter...
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    im not an american, but am definitely trying to get healthy!

this site is great for advice and support, i log in every day and love it! :flowerforyou: #

good luck with your weight loss and welcome to MFP! :drinker:
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am neither American and the "healthy" bit is dodgy sometimes but here is to welcoming you on board and all the best with your getting fit. Is there anything in particular that worries you Belgium friend?:bigsmile:
    x
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    That's odd & not at all like normal MFP'ers. Sorry you felt ignored! This is really a great group of people. Don't hesitate to post! There's always someone willing to try to help. Welcome to the boards & good luck to you! :flowerforyou:

Edit: I just looked at your first post & it might have been a low post day b/c that was the week of Thanksgiving & a lot of people weren't on much. This time should be better!
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I just sent u a welcome message on d old post... Sorry from all of us!

a friend requets is on its way.. :bigsmile:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Yes thats REALLY not like the MFPers... I am so sorry that no one posted back...
    We are all usually pretty good about welcoming new people...:flowerforyou:

jackie
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    So sorry meisje :sad: it is not like MFP's at all, we are in general a very welcoming bunch :flowerforyou:, sure it had something to do with Thanksgiving (I am not American either ) and as said by another MFPer if anyone of us thinks we can help we normally do.

Hope your second attempt is more successful :tongue:

"Friends are angels who lift us up when our wings have forgotten how to fly"
  • sydenham24
    Options
    meisje - glad you wrote - I am a an ordinary American (Go Obama! sorry to be political, it won't happen again!) and I think you will find much support here.
    btw, I have been to Brussels and loved it - beautiful city. Is that where you are located?

Syd :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    HI! It is 7:14 AM here on the east coast of the USA. That means your 1st post on this thread was around 4 am EST. Midnight on the West coast.

Just giving you perspective on how this works.

We are super friendly here and you will find people of the same interests and goals.

Most of us are in the US but I have seen a few from England, India and other countries.

If you post something you may want to go back in a few hours later and 'bump' it. Meaning just go in and put a :flowerforyou: or Hello! and reply, this will bump it to the top of the list again.

Welcome! We have a lot of fun here, lose a LOT of weight ( I will bump the total weight loss thread if I can find it!!)

Have a great day!:flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Off to work but read your post.

Welcome!!!!

You will love MFP believe me. It is the best place for info and support!!

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

:flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Second on the time zone difference--pretty much anything that gets posted before about 8 or 9 EST will be lost in the newer posts flooding in once the majority of the East Coast and the West Coast folks start waking up and posting. throw in T-Day into the mix, and that's how you somehow fell through our radar.

But HAPPY BELATED WELCOME!

15.gif

Just saw this particular post of yours came in at 4:30am my time (EST). I'm usually the only one who's up that early here among the MFPers in US--and I'm not always coherent even if up then.
  • NB_Lady
    NB_Lady Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Welcome and sorry your message got missed earlier! Like you, I can use all the support I can get and you will get lots of great tips here:flowerforyou:
    From looking at the boards the time you actually post could have had something to do with it as everyone is a very friendly lot here:drinker: :drinker:
    Good luck.........I know with the holidays approaching it's an especially difficult time not to indulge (heck, let me be honest, any time of the year is hard not to indulge for me:drinker: :ohwell: )
    Hang in there!
    Anne
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Second on the time zone difference--pretty much anything that gets posted before about 8 or 9 EST will be lost in the newer posts flooding in once the majority of the East Coast and the West Coast folks start waking up and posting. throw in T-Day into the mix, and that's how you somehow fell through our radar.

But HAPPY BELATED WELCOME!

15.gif

Just saw this particular post of yours came in at 4:30am my time (EST). I'm usually the only one who's up that early here among the MFPers in US--and I'm not always coherent even if up then.

I'm usually up & around here too but I'm too sleepy to make any sense so I spare you all from my rambling posts. LOL
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Sorry that you are getting a good response. I would have to agree with it being a time difference problem.

I only get on the internet at work (have dial up at home and it's just too slow). At work I'm usually somewhat busy so I only look at the recent posts. This post says that it was posted at 1:00am our time, so by the time I get on line it's not a recent post any more.

Welcome to MFP. Hope you can find some good information on here.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,934 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Good luck on your journey!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    sorry if nobody answered. Let's start fresh! Welcome and nice to see you :)
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to the site. It has been somewhat quiet around here the last week or so but once this group gets talking they can be very encouraging.