Week 3 of Max 30

Options
Ok I'm on week 3 of max 30 and my husband and I have been busting our *kitten*. We have done our workouts and eating clean yet...I see no weight change. In either of us. So today I figured maybe I should just start counting calories again!! My questions are...how do I count my calories burned during my workout and and suggestions on what to do about not losing any weight! Thanks for any help yall! :)

Replies

• Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    jslcook wrote: »
    Ok I'm on week 3 of max 30 and my husband and I have been busting our *kitten*. We have done our workouts and eating clean yet...I see no weight change. In either of us. So today I figured maybe I should just start counting calories again!! My questions are...how do I count my calories burned during my workout and and suggestions on what to do about not losing any weight! Thanks for any help yall! :)

Eating good food sources is definitely important for weight management, but ultimately you must be at a bit of a calorie deficit. I like the Mifflin St. Jeor calculation,

Men
    (10 X (Weight in kg) + 6.25 X (Height in cm) – 5 X (Age in years) + 5) x Exercise Multiple

Women
    (10 X (Weight in kg) + 6.25 X (Height in cm) – 5 X (Age in years) -161) x Exercise Multiple

**Exercise multiples**
    No Exercise 1.2
    Exercise 3x/Week 1.38
    Exercise 4x/Week 1.42
    Exercise 5x/Week 1.46
    Exercise 6x/Week 1.5
    Exercise 7x/Week 1.64

Don't be too liberal with the exercise multiples, I think most people overestimate these values; start conservative and add if you need too. Once you calculate your calories then multiply by a decimal to get your calorie target at x% deficit (.95 = 5% deficit, / .90 = 10% deficit, and so on...)

With this method there is no need to worry about tracking your caloric expenditure from exercise and is considerably easier to manage.

• spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I too am on Week 3 however I have to do the modifier workout due to foot issues. So I have been doing that plus 30mins of weights everyday and I have lost only 2lbs but I can tell my body is hanging bc of my cloths. I use a HRM for my workouts and avg between 200-300 with modifiers I am 5'6 152lbs
  • wheelsjad
    wheelsjad Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I would guess you are eating more calories than you think you are (portion size is too large maybe)...clean eating does not automatically mean low calorie, you can eat way too much plain chicken (example) in a day...High effort and meeting your calorie goals (weighing/measuring food) should get you where you want to be. I do not eat back my workout calories..I just eat to my 500 cal deficit and leave it at that. I am currently doing an abbreviated version of T25 (1 month long, 2 weeks alpha, 3 weeks beta) in order to get ready to do another round of Insanity starting Feb 9th. So far this year, I weighed in on 1-5-15 at 200.5 lbs, and weighed in this morning at 191.5 lbs. I am hoping to finish Insanity in the high 170's (lowest weight of my adult life) and set a PR for the Indy 1/2 marathon this year <1h45m

Good Luck with Max 30, hopefully it all starts to come together for you
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity and didn't lose any scale weight but lost inches and got in the best shape of my life. I just started Max 30 - I'm actually on Day 4 and while challenging, it isn't going to cause that much of a dent in terms of caloric deficit. I burned about 200 calories doing Tabata Power and that video is scheduled twice a week during month one. 200 calories is about three oreos or one 20oz soda. You should supplement Max 30 with strength training and make sure you log and weigh your food.