Sweet tooth question

Options
Does anyone have any advise on what to snack on when you have that chocolate craving ? I have such a sweet tooth and when I'm healthy eating It's the sweet stuff that gets me :( lol does anyone have any tips or recipies that are low cals/fat/sugar I can try please?

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    summers I tried a lot of things but to kill the cravings I had to cold turkey what I craved. After two weeks the cravings just faded for the most part. I still have the memory of the taste but no force making me to eat it any longer.
  • ebyla85
    ebyla85 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Try this 1 frozen banana blended with 1tsp of cocoa powder or more depending on taste .then if you want add a few dark chocolate chips serving size . taste like icecream :smile: hope that helped a little .
  • ebyla85
    ebyla85 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I forgot to tell you to add a little almond milk so it will be a little easy to blend
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've swapped chocolate for berries, rasberries and blackberries, sometimes pineapple. It satisfies my sweet tooth with hundreds less calories.
  • summers09jo
    summers09jo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Aww fab thanks both great advise and tips!! Thanks both :) I'm okay with savoury it's the sweet stuff that I miss lol I could live on chocolate and cake .. (Hence why I need to lose weight) lol just need to find that low fat alternative now lol :)
  • summers09jo
    Options
    I've swapped chocolate for berries, rasberries and blackberries, sometimes pineapple. It satisfies my sweet tooth with hundreds less calories.

Thank you :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    One square of dark chocolate works wonders for me. Or I eat Quest bars.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    For chocolate cravings I usually go for a banana as they're on the same side of the sweet scale and that tends to satisfy the craving. That, or I have however much chocolate I can fit into my calorie allowance for the rest of the day :blush:
  • ChinaCass
    ChinaCass Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Check out Foodie Fiasco's blog, she has a ton of low calorie recipes that are amazing! I just made her low-calorie greek yogurt cheesecake - 75 calories per slice and it was delicious!
  • superlauren11
    superlauren11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    One square of dark chocolate usually fixes my craving!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I think I must be crazy, because I bypass the entire issue by eating well all day, every day, eating full meals but only at meals, and not depriving myself. And I will eat whatever I want on special occasions.
  • summers09jo
    Options
    Oh all sounds lovely :) thank you very much... I'll definitely check out that blog that cheesecake sounds fab thanks :)
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You should try the deep chocolate Vitatops. Amazing, and only 100 calories a pop. I have one with my afternoon tea :)
  • summers09jo
    Options
    You should try the deep chocolate Vitatops. Amazing, and only 100 calories a pop. I have one with my afternoon tea :)

Oh sounds lovely I'll have to look for them .. Thanks :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Those Vitatops didn't do it at all for me :( But worth a shot.