24hour walk?

kentlass
kentlass Posts: 325 Member
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
has anyone ever tried doing one???

my husband and i have a little girl with a very severe disability and are going to try doing a 24hour walk to raise money to help fund research for a cure...so i'm really wondering if anyone has done it, how much prep goes into it etc

all advice appreciated x

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Wow, what a challenge! I am doing a 12 hour walk (marathon distance) next month, but 24 hours is a whole different deal.
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    I did a 100 mile run for a cross country fundraiser back in high school. What we did was people would pledge on how many miles we completed as a team or a flat rate. And when we ran it we did it in relay style so one person would run so many laps then the next and so on and between all of us we did 100 miles...
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    I have done a 24hr. walk - but we used teams - you didn't walk the full 24 hrs...
  • I did one one time and yeah, i did it in groups. I only walked 13 hours in little sections throughout the day and night.
  • makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    what country and where? / when.
  • callyno8
    callyno8 Posts: 8
    I have done one for cancer and we had a team and took turns throuhout the day. It was a lot of fun!! Our team was a bunch of people including family and friends.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    makeachange22...we're in the uk, planning to go from leeds to liverpool, which is approximately 70miles...hopefully we can do it by august...we obviously need to give it a little time for people to sponsor us :)

we're doing it just the 2 of us, walking together until we reach our target
This discussion has been closed.