Please send me ideas to keep going!

Options
Hello everyone! I lost 25 lbs but need help to keep going! Please send me good vibes and ideas to not go over my calories in the evening when the kitchen is a step away. Thank you.

Replies

• RNGRZulu
    RNGRZulu Posts: 3,964 Member
    Options
    Go to bed early. Read a book in bed. Drink lots more water. Have some casein mix. Get out of the house. Go to the mall and window shop. Go to the gym.
  • keithw2013
    keithw2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and maybe a salad that low carb - lettece, spinach, carrots, etc with little to no dressing to tie you over till bed.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Spread your calories out better during the day. Leave yourself some room for something sweet like Ice cream or frozen yogurt.
  • egordon290
    egordon290 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    After work all day I like to relax and get ready for work the next day. What is Casein mix? Salad sounds good! Low calorie foods would help instead of ice cream.
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I try and make my evening meal as delicious and satisfying as possible so I'm not so tempted by the snacks that are foe my hubby and kids. if I can say "wow that was sooo good and only 400 calories!" then I am not feeling that I missed something
  • egordon290
    Options
    If I could only have a reward day once a week and eat my favorite foods such as ice cream. What do you think? Can I go over my calories once a week and still loose?

• jesse1952
    jesse1952 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Keep the bad stuff out of the house. That's what I have to do. I have no will power.
  • AkCyclist
    AkCyclist Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Go for a mile walk (~100 cal), then eat some almonds.
  • egordon290
    Options
    Sherriediva1 I am the same! what are some 400 cal meals you make. I love to cook. I cook all the time!
  • queenliz99
    Options
    I eat light during the day, eat dinner with my family and have nice treat in the evening. Or if I know that I will be going out to dinner on the weekend I will bank my calories for the week so I can have a delicious meal. I have lost twenty pounds eating this way.
  • egordon290
    Options
    You are sooooOOoo right Jesse1952.
  • VeggieGal777
    VeggieGal777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I know others have said it but water has been my best friend since shedding the pounds!
  • egordon290
    Options
    queenliz99 when you say bank is that when you have extra calories from the week you use them on the weekend? Does my fitness pal keep track of that?
  • queenliz99
    Options
    egordon290 wrote: »
    queenliz99 when you say bank is that when you have extra calories from the week you use them on the weekend? Does my fitness pal keep track of that?

You can on a spreadsheet as some do, or tally with a paper and pencil, or the best way is on your phone with the MFP app.
  • egordon290
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    egordon290 wrote: »

You can on a spreadsheet as some do, or tally with a paper and pencil, or the best way is on your phone with the MFP app.[/quote
    Thank you ! I just need more will power to not eat extra at night.
  • egordon290
    Options
    AkCyclist wrote: »
    Go for a mile walk (~100 cal), then eat some almonds.

I did not incorporate a workout into my calories yet. I got the treadmill out today. tonight I am going to start with walking then jogging for a half hour. how do u find out the calories?

• jimicarpenter1283
    jimicarpenter1283 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of it is just our minds. I do not tell myself I can't have something, I just eat less of it. If we have pizza I will have one slice( instead of 3) and eat some fresh veggies. Also using smaller plates help a lot. I've started buying dole frozen banana slices dipped in dark chocolate one pack is 100 cal. And it's a good late snack if I just have to have something. Stay strong. I've also read lots of bad things about trying to save calories just spread it out throughout the day and if you have an over day don't worry.
  • egordon290
    Options
    I know others have said it but water has been my best friend since shedding the pounds!

I could drink more water. It is my go to for less calories and black tea with no sugar or milk.

• egordon290
    Options
    I think a lot of it is just our minds. I do not tell myself I can't have something, I just eat less of it. If we have pizza I will have one slice( instead of 3) and eat some fresh veggies. Also using smaller plates help a lot. I've started buying dole frozen banana slices dipped in dark chocolate one pack is 100 cal. And it's a good late snack if I just have to have something. Stay strong. I've also read lots of bad things about trying to save calories just spread it out throughout the day and if you have an over day don't worry.

AAwww Thanks! I do try to make good meal and snack choices all day and by the end of the day I am so exhausted. I really appreciate the frozen banana idea!!! I am so doing that!!!