Do you ...

Options
emcooperejc
emcooperejc Posts: 7
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Daily, do you aim for higher percentage carbs or protein or fat in your diet and why :)

Replies

• Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I do 35,35, 20 for energy and muscle health.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I aim for higher carbs (because I'm gaining) I don't always get there though.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I do 40/30/30 % p/f/c. I feel better and don't tend to have as severe cravings if I keep my carb count on the lower end. I rarely hit 30%.
  • billyfleet1988
    Options
    I'm currently doing 45/40/15 p/f/c. Keeping carbs low but doing a refeed day every Saturday. The goal is to drop 10-13 lbs. This routine has always given me great results.
  • emcooperejc
    Options
    I'm on 35/25/40 Pfc which I managed to stick too, only I'm struggling to cut down more on carbs and stay full !
  • Christine_72
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm currently doing 45/40/15 p/f/c. Keeping carbs low but doing a refeed day every Saturday. The goal is to drop 10-13 lbs. This routine has always given me great results.

When you say re-feed, do you mean a high carb day @billyfleet1988‌ ?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I don't do percentages. I aim for 150g of protein (1.25x my estimated lean body mass), ideally at least 65g of fat (0.4x my total weight) and the rest carbs.

Yeah, refeed would be a structured day where you eat at or above maintenance and take in your protein needs and then fill the rest of your calories up with carbs (and incidental fat is of course okay). I've yet to try one of these, although my carbs are never low enough to warrant one. Although just in terms of higher calorie intake I kind of want to try one, but I still have like 20lbs to lose and I'm already eating a pretty high goal. :/
  • billyfleet1988
    Options

Pretty much!
    By eating lost of carbs you replenish glycogen. This helps me out since lifting heavy drains me while on low carbs. Also, by having the refeed day you boost leptin production which aids fat loss. So high carbs are helping you loose weight... Who'd of thought.
  • Christine_72
    Options

Pretty much!
    By eating lost of carbs you replenish glycogen. This helps me out since lifting heavy drains me while on low carbs. Also, by having the refeed day you boost leptin production which aids fat loss. So high carbs are helping you loose weight... Who'd of thought.

Thanks for taking the time to explain :) This weight loss thing can get mighty confusing at times. I guess you can make it as simple or as complicated as you wish.