senior lady trying one more time, need friends support

Options
I am 65 , high cholesterol,arthritis, 6o lbs over weight and on the verge of having to take bp meds. Doctor is giving me one more chance to lose weight before starting more medication. Never bloged before but hoping for the support i need to be successful this time. doing yoga, weight training and 1000 cal diet.

Replies

• Runthekidsaround
    Options
    Hi..you can do it
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    There was a time in 2013 that I just about had thrown in the towel...

Stick with MFP, watch calories / log --

Positive things can happen. Good luck.

73641431.png
  • XTiffers13X
    Options
    You can add me
  • lauriedarlin6969
    Options
    Hi there,
    My name is Laurie. I am 46 and I am at least 70 lbs overweight, high cholesterol, pre-diabetic and I am Hypothyroid as well.....My doc told me to lose the weight, dont drink anymore sodas (not even diet) and cut out the white sugar....I have been cold turkey for almost 2 weeks now and I already feel somewhat better. I have had more energy and have been sleeping better too.....just found this app tonight, so gonna try to keep with it ☺
  • paulab1968
    paulab1968 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can add me :smiley:
  • cees650
    cees650 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me as well.
  • Time2sow
    Time2sow Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    you got this, mama! slow and steady wins the race... don't wait to celebrate at the finish line but rejoice in yourself every. single. step. where you pick the right course. each of those steps is literally a victory. it's practically a promise that the changes in your habits will result in a change in your numbers, your emotional well-being, and your heightened enjoyment of life. hugs, t2s
  • jets79tone
    jets79tone Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with the above posts that you can do it and that slow and steady is the key.
  • Bennie528
    Bennie528 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Rosy--I am in the same boat, 62 and 30 pounds over weight. I could use some friends and support also. You can add me too!
  • krallen11
    krallen11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 58 and about 50 pounds overweight. I joined Curves about 5 months ago. I have only lost about 9 pounds, but have lost lot of inches, have made some wonderful friends, and already feel much better. I have noticed that my knees don't hurt as much and it does not take me as long to get off the floor! I decided that I needed to cut back on my food intake to make more progress. I have been logging my food and it works. I am far from perfect, but I lost 3.6 pounds in the first 3 weeks. I am getting excited!
  • billyfleet1988
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
    I completely agree with the slow and steady posts, like they say "Rome wasn't built in a day". Gather your determination and push forward. Once you feel the positive impact of a healthy lifestyle, you won't look back.

I used to the think to myself 'it's just food...'. Then I feel completely silly about letting it have so much power over me.
  • Rosy1049
    Rosy1049 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow , Im so pleased to have this much response. I am hoping that belonging to the group will help me with my determination to stick to it this time. Yoga is harder than you think , holding up this weight is tough and breathing while bending over this tummy is like bending over a big ball. And try to breathe at the same time. Yipes!
  • Pinkpedals
    Pinkpedals Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Please add me. Lets help each other. Trying again to
  • Victoriamrs
    Victoriamrs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You can do this with a little hard work and determination.

Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Rosy, how did you come up with the 1000 cal goal? That's really not enough calories to get all your nutrients and it will be really hard to stick with. Did you go through the MFP goal setting process to determine the appropriate calorie level for your goals?
  • FrancesAnnLFM
    Options
    Hi Rosy you can add me too im 62 80 pounds to loose blown kneecaps i work out to tai chi slow motion dvd have yoga for beginners dvd..senior dvd work outs , resistance bands , blew the cobwebs off my gazelle glider machine..we are like rice crispies we snap crackle pop but the next day we wake up and enjoy our work outs..slow and steady..
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You can add me too for mutual support. I am here everyday! 62 and holding!
  • Rosy1049
    Rosy1049 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hi, should not have left the house today , chose the wrong lunch and got a surprize when I made my mfp entries , will do better tomorrow. Need to plan for company on Sunday, will check out the recipes on my kindle from the med. diet cookbooks.