NSV small success story-

Options
So my week started out like garbage. I ate far too much chocolate one night and if it wasn't for the help of all of you I think I may have binged way deeper. But I recovered. Then yesterday I realized that today is my grandma's (who recently passed) birthday. I was so down that I thought I'd turn to my typical crap food sad day thing. McDonald's. I got up to the Oder box and ordered a 10 piece chicken nuggets. 410 calories I do believe. But I ordered anyways. Even though MFP only had 120 cals left for me. So as I waited there in line to far to the window I noticed that the drive thru wasn't completely closed off. I could get out before it was too late. I toyed with the idea for a bit and then told myself I had a delicious chocolate pudding snack (only 90 cals) at home. And some strawberries. So right at the last second I turned out of the drive thru and drove home. I kind of feel bad for ordering and then just leaving... But the bad I felt didn't even come close to the amazing I felt for leaving. BAM!

Replies

• vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I've been there, many times, and I know that's not a small success story. It's a big one. Well done! Next time you catch yourself buying junk so that you can eat your feelings, remember this occasion and know that you have the strength to beat the moment :smile:
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! :smiley:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I know those feels! Good for you :)
  • JScottBldrs
    JScottBldrs Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    WTG...That's my kind of NSV....Fast food is not an option ......Subway in a pinch if you have to
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!