I weigh 260 and I'm 19

Options
Hi, my name it's Trace and I heard about this from my boyfriend and many friends. I have tried so much to lose weight including track, marching band, swimming and it only kept my weight even at 160 in high school. I want to go back to that which sadly was only 3 1/2 years ago to gain 100ibs. During that time, my knees have become unbearable along with my ankles. Diet pills, eating more fruits and vegetables, and still swimming when I can, but I don't have any motivation except to lose the 100. If anyone has anything to help me, I will try anything. I truly hope this helps me.

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Welcome, if you stick with MFP it can make a big difference for you. First step is to first work on logging everything you eat. Get a food scale, which will help you to be more accurate.
  • turtlez23
    turtlez23 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Trace-

Welcome to MFP!

I would say the best thing to do is gather some friends on MFP so they can be your support group. I will add you after this post.

Do everything that girlviernes said.

If you need to, start off slow, like you are now with making small changes. Once you get into the swing of things it will be easier.

One thing I learned from this site is that no matter how many times you mess up, just get back up and start again.

• cynthiamm67
    cynthiamm67 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on choosing to do this now! I'm turning 48 in 3 days and trust me, it gets harder as you get older. My best advise for you is realize you are going to have to make permanent changes, and it's going to take time. I agree logging is crucial.
  • trace3690
    trace3690 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have this huge sweet tooth, and I'm trying to eat less of that, and if I have p big of craving, I do dark chocolate..
  • ithinkinpink93
    Options
    Hey Trace!

Way to go for reaching out and actually trying to improve your health! That is often the first and hardest step, and you did it! :)

As said above, start out slow. I recommend drinking exclusively water - and lots of it. Water helps cleanse your body by filtering out toxins and other waste, which leads to a greater chance of weight loss. When you reach for a sugary drink, think to yourself, "do I want to eat my calories or drink my calories?". It's much better to eat them.

I would also recommend walking a little bit everyday. I know you said your knees and ankles hurt, but the more you move, then less you will hurt. The pain is caused by weight and likely inflammation due to fluid build-up. So it may be very difficult at first, but it will improve!

I study nutrition, so if you ever want to talk about it, feel free to contact me! Just remember that small changes can make a big impact in the long run. Keep up the awesome work!
  • I think sparking your motivation would help you lose wt. A lot more than if you just diet and workout. First off, Understand that what you are doing for yourself (losing wt) Is a wonderful thing, it's right up there with letting go of smoking, as it's extremely hard to do but it's wonderful for countless reasons.

Think about WHY you want to lose weight. There are plenty of good reasons. Health, looking better, being more active, being confidant, wearing cute clothing, ect. Find the reason that makes you want this. Remember water cuts through rock not because of it's strength but because of it's persistence. Think about how in 6 months from now you could look like a whole new you!

Tips: Drink water (if you don't like the taste drink though a straw) avoid empty calorie foods like sugary pop and juice. Eat foods that fill the stomach with least cals as possible and the most nutrition as possible. Watery fruits, Broccoli, Spaghetti Squash,( I love popcorn because it makes me so full!) Do not be negative about your new lifestyle. Be proud and happy! Find new/better ways to be a strong and beautiful women. Take this self-transformation as a whole. Work on not only having a better body, but, also be a better person. The rewards are amazing.

Weight-lose is weird and a little scary so don't get discouraged my Dear. You Are brave enough to start, you ARE brave enough to succeed.

Welcome to MFP.
  • trace3690
    trace3690 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! :)