Back with 160 lbs to lose

Options
Hi everyone. This is my 3rd attempt in as many years. In 2012 I successfully lost 60lbs, but then hit the mountain that is 250lbs (my failure mark everytime) and have gone up to 304lbs currently(down from 314).

I have along haul ahead, 160lbs to lose and looking for motivating friends who also have lots to lose. I am looking for friends who have 100lbs or more to lose since we are on a similar long term journey.

Please tell me a bit about yourself if you request an add. I hope to meet some great new people and to motivate and be inspired by!

A bit about me, I am 34 year old married mother of a 5 year old. I work full time as a medical lab technician. My weight is holding me back from being the best wife and mother I can be and is starting to have consequences for my health and so here I am!

Replies

• kristie_cla
    kristie_cla Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ellivort! I'm in the same boat as you....restarting yet again and have lots to lose. :smile: Feel free to add me.
  • ShellyC1985
    ShellyC1985 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have about 70 pounds to lose and a long way ahead of me. Been yoyo-ing for too long. Feel free to add me, we can do this!!! :)
  • Destiny_Snyder
    Options
    I have 70lbs left that I'd like to lose, I am new to MFP but I started on my weight loss journey almost a year ago (50lbs less than when I started). Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • mcclarjc
    mcclarjc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am fighting to lose about the same amount of weight as you. I am 32, married, no children but would defnitely like to have them one day and work full time at a desk which is terrible for weight loss. Like you my weight is starting to effect my health in some ways so I am fighting to get it off before problems actually arise. Please add me, I am very new to this as well. I have only been doing it for a month but so far so good.
  • ArtsySideChick
    ArtsySideChick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello

I lost 70lbs last year and have successfully kept 50 off. My goal is to lose 100 lbs over the course of the year.
    I moved from NC to Oklahoma October 2013 and I am looking to make friends since all my family & friends are back home.
    Bit about me...I am 37, divorced, adoptive mom. Oh...and a grandma! I am a crafty person...artist! I love all things vintage. I am extremely interested in my health and wellness. I am a people person and love getting together for different activities like lunch, exercise etc. I know that support is very important on this journey and we all need that!

• Pddavis13
    Pddavis13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Same boat here. Must be the Titanic and we're all going down...in weight and pants sizes. Like you, I tipped 300 and decided it was time for me to take control. Not easy when you work a sedentary job and don't have time (or THINK you don't have time) to exercise and prepare healthy meals. I too am looking to make friends and get all the support on these boards that I can.
  • tanya2163
    tanya2163 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there, after losing 40lbs+ in 2013, I piled it all back on & more during 2014......so here I am back again with at least 100lbs to lose!! I'm 51 & married, with 3 children (2 grown-up & 1 still in school), Feel free to add me for support & motivation x
  • JClark1980
    JClark1980 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello

I lost 70lbs last year and have successfully kept 50 off. My goal is to lose 100 lbs over the course of the year.
    I moved from NC to Oklahoma October 2013 and I am looking to make friends since all my family & friends are back home.
    Bit about me...I am 37, divorced, adoptive mom. Oh...and a grandma! I am a crafty person...artist! I love all things vintage. I am extremely interested in my health and wellness. I am a people person and love getting together for different activities like lunch, exercise etc. I know that support is very important on this journey and we all need that!

I'm also in Oklahoma, okc to be exact, and I am also looking to make new friends, we jus moved here from Louisiana almost a month ago, I'm 34, have been trying to lose weight all my life lol seems like a never ending battle
  • cynthiamm67
    cynthiamm67 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm with you too. I started in June with 130 to lose. I'm down fifty so far, but the next 80 will be harder. We can do this together!
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've lost 82lbs and hit a brick wall with my health. Having trouble staying motivated.Maybe we can do it together. Still 80lbs to lose. :)
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I did that too. Third time round I'm halfway through my weight loss goal. My underlying issues with my past starts and restarts are thus.
    1. My diet allowed for unhealthy carbs. Allowing carbs to stay in my diet. I am a carbaholic. I can never have just one serving of high carb foods. It's not a matter of will power or discipline. My body goes berserk over carbs. I have come to accept this.
    2. Deprivation. It turns out deprivation is my guarantee for total failure. If I feel deprived at all I am setting myself up for failure. Period. I have tried to retrain my body to just love fruits and veggies and meat (which I do) and not love cake and cookies and ice cream....but I still do.
    3. I wasn't having my foods work for me.
    4. I had to learn to love and accept myself and find alternatives for my emotional eating.

So I took these four insights to heart. I kicked carbs to the curb and I have never been happier.
    I never ever deprive my body of what it wants. If it wants donuts, I give it donuts, the donuts just have to fit a certain criteria. They have to be low carb, moderate to high protein, high fat is a bonus, and they absolutely must be delicious. This makes my foods work for me. While my mouth is having an orgasm, my body is shedding weight. Win/Win.
    Every food I make has to be delicious, worth eating, and what I want to be eating at that moment. The internet is a beautiful thing, you can find how to make just about anything.
    With low carb, moderate protein, and high fat, I actually struggle to get enough calories every day. That's a good struggle to have when you're trying to lose weight.

So my suggestion is learn from the past. What is it that caused you to return to your old lifestyle. What do you need to do to prevent that from happening again, and what do you need to change that will make everything you are eating fantastic and what do you need to do on the path of learning to accept and love yourself, what alternatives do you need to implement to change that emotional eating into something positive and healthy?
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies :)
  • michelejmj
    Options
    Hi name is michele!! I'm a wife and a mommy to 2 puppies, Buffy a pug & Ella a puggle! We both work full time and trying to stay healthy. I'm looking to lose about 30 pounds! I have lost 10 so far and I have been having the support of the 2 day fix group! Amazing!!
  • carollott543
    carollott543 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Carol. I want to lose a total of 135 pounds. I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease 10 years ago and watched my weight climb every year when I went for my physical. I decided that I wanted off the Merry Go Round when my size 24 jeans started to get to tight.

So I bought a FitBit. I've always wanted to do a walking program, but always gave up when I couldn't figure how to set the stride length on the pedometer. FitBit does it for you. I've lost 20.2 since August just walking. I've added Zumba and soon weight training.

I know that the weight loss journey is difficult for everyone, but when you need to lose 100+ pounds the journey is different. I'm happy that you all are taking this challenge on in your 30's because being fat at 50 is no fun. Just like you all want to have more energy for to enjoy activities with your children, I want to do it with my granddaughters.

I registered for the Color Run 5K here in Cleveland, OH in June and my goal is to run instead of walking it.

We are STRONGER Together and yes we are our sisters/brothers keeper.