I want my body back

Options
Hi I'm Jazmyn I'm 33 living mother of 7 kids and I have the best husband in the world. Even tho I gained 100+ since we been married every day he tells me I'm beautiful. But I want to lose weight I want to be able to run with my kids to play with them without getting out of breath. I want to do this I keep slipping it's hard. I can't get out like a lot of people I have a little one at home. I need all the support I can get

Replies

• RNGRZulu
    RNGRZulu Posts: 3,964 Member
    Options
    Work out with your kids and enjoy them. They will thank you for it later and you'll be around longer. BTW, I'm #5 of 7 kids, I know it can't be easy.
  • Travbenmom
    Travbenmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want my body back too! Our stories are very similar except I only have 3 kids. My husband has been so wonderful and always tells me I'm beautiful. I just want to feel it myself. I've gained over 100lbs since meeting him too. My little one is 2 months old. So im just starting my journey. You can send me a friend request if you'd like!
  • jazmynstrasser
    jazmynstrasser Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    /Travbenmom I don't know how to add people. Add me
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Let's be honest. You've had children, time has passed. You've been through some changes. You can definitely lose weight and change your body, and make improvements, but you aren't going to get your body back. I had two children and had back surgery. I lost the weight and got into shape, but I definitely don't have the body I had at 17, before I got pregnant the first time. Don't set yourself up with unrealistic expectations. Skin stretches out but doesn't rebound back the way it was before. Bones change structure and don't go back. Muscles move and don't go back either. Learn to love yourself as you are first, then lose the weight and love the new you.
  • jazmynstrasser
    Options
    That's what I mean I don't want to be a 200+ mom I want to be able to go to the store and buy cloths that look good. Right now I hate shopping for my self. My little girl has type 1 diabetes if she needs me I can't jump and run to I want to be able to be there do what I can. I want to be heathy and yes I can get my body back I can walk like I use to without having back pain I want to have go to parks without being called names go shopping without being embarrass so if I want I can get it back to do what I want i don't have to be skinny I don't want to be I want healthy and not be boraderline Type 2 I want to be me.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I think that is a wonderful goal to have. Just realize it is your body, no matter what size it is. Love who you are now, good mom of your children, no matter your size, while you work on your goals. You are still you, no matter what. Now you have a goal in mind, losing weight and becoming more healthy. You will still be you, just healthier. Same body, just healthier and smaller. It won't be identical to the body you had before you had children. It will be the body that you have now.
    As far as being called names - that may happen no matter what. 'Haters gonna hate'. I get called names too. You just gotta put your chin up and know you're better than that. You are more than your physical body and no one knows your story.
  • jazmynstrasser
    Options
    :) that made me feel good
  • jazmynstrasser
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Mccindy it how you said it Unrealistic that was just plain rude. It my goal. getting my body back means I want to be healthy be fit but not skinny. I love my curves and I don't want to lose them. you where out of line and it hurt my feelings. You shouldn't go around telling people they are being unrealistic. It just rude. Rant over.
  • Ninina24
    Ninina24 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am here to motivate you! You can do anything you set your mind to! I will send you a friend request!
  • jazmynstrasser
    Options
    Ninina24 thanks that's awesome :)
  • jgalexander902
    jgalexander902 Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    "I want my body back." This is my mantra now after having my third child last year. I started after Christmas and have made some great progress. I'm scared to weigh in, so I decided to only do it the 1st of every month. It has been easier than I thought, particularly the work outs. It is really the only "me time" I have, so I relish it. Make sure to make time for yourself during your journey!! I also read an article today that states if one can make it past the three month mark, the brain rewires and long term success is more likely to happen.
    http://triblive.com/mobile/7502659-96/resolution-bartel-gym
  • Nix13s
    Nix13s Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    "It is time for us to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever-the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it." ~ Vince Lombardi

I will stand and cheer for you! I will send a friend request!