home workout advice

Options
triciahope86
triciahope86 Posts: 2
edited January 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello! :) My name is Trish and I am in need of advice and ideas for workouts that I could do at home with little or no equipment. Between working full-time and being a mom, I can never find the time or childcare help to make it to the gym on a regular basis. Thank you in advance for any recommendations!! :)

Replies

• erick14sims
    erick14sims Posts: 13
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I've always found the Nike Training Club app helpful when I'm not able to go to a gym. Most HIT exercises cardio and what not.
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have the same problem! I can't leave the kids alone to go to the gym, even if they're sleeing. I do T25, its a beach body workout, after my kids go to bed. It's a 25 minute workout and it's awesome!
  • rjrobert
    rjrobert Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Situps, Pushups, Burpee's, planks, Jumping Jacks, etc. A google search I'm sure could net you some awesome body weight only plans. Good luck we all know you can do it!
  • Kkonowal
    Kkonowal Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to workout videos.. Have a small library lol so I can mix them up and not get bored.. Loving Jillian and brazilian butt lift at the moment.. Also just crankin the tunes and boogeying around the living room for a half hour totally counts :)
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When I was working I would get up at 5a to exercise, then shower and get the kids up. I always felt better if I exercised in the morning- if I exercise at night I have trouble sleeping. I used videos- there are many more now then there used to be- go to your library and try a few until you find something that works for you.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    theres great bodyweight routines over at nerdfitness. Theres another one... youareyourowngym or something like that.
  • keithw2013
    keithw2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Come to Crossfit Rock Hill on Tuesday night at 5:30pm. I coach a class and it is free for first timers. It is called Cardio HIIT and the vast majority of our workouts use no equipment. Most are all bodyweight equipment. Would probably get you some great ideas. If you liked it you may come back each week for $5.00.
  • keithw2013
    keithw2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh - not sure how old your kids are but there is a room there that they can go to but it is not supervised - or they can sit and watch.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    4 kids here, youngest two are 17 months and 7 months. I get up at 5 to work out before they wake up......I have a full gym at home, but there are a lot of dvds or free body weight routines online you could use that only take 15 to 40 mins depending on what you're looking for...I like bodyrock for quick hiit workouts.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I tend to work out in the middle of the night because I work nights so am awake when everyone else is in bed. Amazon has some workout videos that you can stream- but they can be a bit..... Well.... Odd. I was going to go to the library tomorrow and take out a few to try them before I buy. If I get the job I am interviewing for on Wed I am going to have to rethink all this because it's 9-5. I guess maybe wake up super early and knock it out?