Tips for Toning Your Tummy?

Options
I'm at a healthy weight but I would like to tone and flatten my stomach. Any good tips you guys have in mind?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Did you read the sticky on how to get a nice stomach? Start there.
  • Nitsirhc16
    Nitsirhc16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Different exercises lead to different results. If you're looking to tone the lower abdomen, try leg lifts while lying down (90 degrees, 45 degrees and so on). If you're looking to shape your sides look up side crunches. If you are going to do any crunches at all try this: lying on your back lift your legs 45 degrees from the floor. Then, as you bring your torso up reach towards the sky instead of your knees. You'll feel the burn after that one for sure!
    Also don't forget that weight training helps your metabolism. The more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism. And cardio is important on soooooo many levels. Along with eating right and hydration.

I hope you found this helpful!
  • DisneyDarling108
    DisneyDarling108 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes that helped a lot thanks :smile:
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    There is no such exercise that will "tone". If you want to shed the fat layer, you must do it through eating at a deficit. You want to be stronger, then doing exercises such as barbell squats, deadlifts, or hanging leg raises will strengthen your abs along with other areas. You don't have to do cardio, eat clean or healthy foods to get nice abs. I eat junk food every day and plenty of it. I'm 45 years old have visible abs and don't do one isolation exercise to show or "tone" them.