Chocolate... And how I 'do' my diet!

Options
Missylydia
Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
Hey I posted a blog about how I 'do' my diet,
I'd like you to have a read and let me know what you think, what I'm doing right and if I'm going wrong, where?
Thanks!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Missylydia

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm a chocoholic, so take this with a grain of salt ;)

Chocolate is good for you. It is especially nourishing to the soul. The darker, the better! It should be included in a regular, healthy, balanced diet. I enjoy 99% dark chocolate, in addition to good quality chocolate in general. I'm also a chocolatier for Dove (if you ever need a hook up ;) )

That being said, there are lots of ways to sneaky sneaky chocolate into a healthy diet, including avocado mousse (do a search for avocado chocolate pudding), green smoothies, and chia chocolate pudding.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I think what you're doing is fine. Everyone needs a treat every now and then, a chocolate once in a while isn't a bad thing. Don't get too hung up on the scale. Take your measurements once a month and you'll probably see things change. Since you just started this month you're not necessarily going to see results right away. It takes some time for things to get moving. Stay with the routine you have going for at least two weeks, 4 is better at first, before you decide it's not working. If after 2-4 weeks you haven't seen any results change things up a bit. Switch up your exercise routine, increase your calories (sometimes 1200 isn't enough for people), etc.
  • scraig77
    scraig77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My weakness is Mexican food. I have not given it up & don't try to, you have to allow yourself the foods you love otherwise you will cave in a big way & go overboard. I figure as long as I am under my calories it is ok.
    As far as the scale not moving, I had that a couple of weeks in. Once I got used to putting my food in all then I added the exercise. Once I had been exercising for a couple of weeks I noticed the scale was not moving but my clothes were looser. I then started measuring myself, that is where I noticed the change. It kept me from getting discouraged just becuase the numbers on the scale weren't moving.
  • Missylydia
    Options
    I thought about taking measurements but I'm kinda scared that I'll get obsessed so I'm using my work trousers as a measure. And they are definitely looser already. So that's good news! :)
  • Missylydia
    Options
    Oh, and thanks y'all! :)