Stuck :(

Options
I've been eating right and working out 5 times a week but not losing any weight. Anyone suggest why this may be, I track everything i do and eat and according to the app I should be losing but my body thinks otherwise, any advice? :)

Replies

• stanknastay
    stanknastay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on a plateau?
    What are you doing for exercise?
    Do you weigh all of your food?
    What is your activity level set to?

I find that the calculator for MFP can be a little off so I always go on sedentary and just eat 200-300 calories more on workout days. Patience is key, your body can't outrun a caloric deficit but if your metabolism is slowing down it might be time to go on a reverse diet back to maintenance for a week or two, then kickstart the cut again after keeping maintenance for a few weeks.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You are eating too much unintentionally due to calories in wrong or calories out wrong

If you are not logging accurately
    - weighing food (not measuring)
    - Choosing from database carefully
    - building your own recipes, scanning barcodes
    - being honest with yourself and logging absolutely everything

If you are overestimating calorie burns
    - you need to eat back 50-75% of MFP / machine calorie burns

you are probably doing a little of both
  • cdiponio87
    cdiponio87 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How long have you been logging?
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating/day? Also, what is your macro breakdown? Are you hitting your nutritional goals every day? If you’re having troubles, it’s time to tighten things up.

Also, how are you exercising? Are you going for a walk or pushing it hard with intensity for HIIT plyometrics and weightlifting? There is a big difference.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Open up that diary for us to see. I do see you've already lost 31lbs. Now you're at a plateau? Time to switch things up.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    By eating right do you mean foods that you feel are healthier, or that you're sure you're in a calorie deficit? Eating healthy foods doesn't guarantee weight loss, eating less than you burn does. What's your calorie goal? Do you eyeball portions or weigh them out?
  • lilbea89
    lilbea89 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on this plateau? Has it been like a week or a month? I've hit some week long plateaus and usually its when I've been doing the same diet and exercise regime for a while. When I change up the intensity of my workouts and reevaluate my food choices it goes away and I start losing again. If its been much longer than a week or two i'd say you need to go back over your diary and exercise log and make sure everything jives. Its hard to say for sure without seeing some of your menus though.
  • missalder1988
    missalder1988 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you very one for your replies, I recently found out I was pregnant which would explain my problem lol :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :smile:
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thank you very one for your replies, I recently found out I was pregnant which would explain my problem lol :)

Yeah, that'll do it. :D
    Congratulations.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!