Started diet 2nd Jan - down a stone today - uk - 44

Options
after seeing a particulars unflattering photo of myself over Christmas I'm motivated to shread some weight and get fitter. I'm a bit of a yoyo dieter so hopefully with the help of this app and the community I may crack it this time. Good luck everyone.

Replies

• blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Well done, sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work. Keep taking photos and comparing to your unflattering photo to keep yourself motivated. And remember, even if you have a little blip, that's all it is! Just forget it and move on, no more yoyo :)
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    That's incredible. Well done! Keep it up and think about how you plan to make it sustainable long term and you won't yo yo again! :-)
  • mrdeli
    mrdeli Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks - I'm going to do a monthly photo - the first at 17'1 is unpublishable ;). I'm hoping to get back to 14 stone something by March. Already feel much healthier though. Thanks again.
  • Peacefulhooligan
    Peacefulhooligan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well done, similar weight aims as myself, keep up the hard work bud
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Be careful you don't aim too high too quickly. Over two stone in three months is very very fast weight loss. If you feel that's how you want to do it, go for it....but be careful you don't get discouraged if you have a week where you don't lose or only lose a little.
  • Peacefulhooligan
    Peacefulhooligan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, i have done quick diets before and they fail in the long run.My actual total weight loss is aimed for June/July, aiming for 2-3lb per week, anything else is a bonus, there are bound to be weeks where I stagnate, so I have factored all that in hopefully
  • mrdeli
    mrdeli Posts: 6
    Options
    Yes I know what you mean - its about trying to keep it going. Still I'm actually enjoying the change of diet and exercise at the moment and find the iphone app really helps keep me in check in the evening - which tends to be my time of weakness! Good luck all