Post partum weight loss

Options
im Ashley from the northeast and re activated my account after having a baby October 29th. I gained an unhealthy amount of weight without practicing unhealthy habits. I'm down 33lbs and have 25 more to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. Wish me luck!!

Replies

• kwmitchel
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! 8 weeks post partum and down 24 lbs. Need to lose 18 more to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. Problem is that I was up 10 lbs when I got pregnant, so I really need to lose that weight as well. Boy, did my body change more than I ever realized it would!
  • madcow_crazychicken
    Options
    I had a baby 8.5 months ago and gained almost 60 pounds even though I ate quite healthy. It hasn't been easy, but I've dropped 45 pounds and hoping to drop the remaining before I go back to work in May. What I have found helpful is using a fitness tracker that is synced to this app. I'm also following the Okanawan diet and have set goals in 5 pound intervals so that the total amount I need to lose isn't so daunting. You can do it!
  • KindaSortaKaty
    KindaSortaKaty Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Added each of you!
  • bklimuck
    bklimuck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My baby came on halloween day! 3 weeks early. Add me ☺️
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I had my third baby on May 1st and I still have a bit to lose, maybe 28lbs or so (haven't weighed myself since Nov). I exercised until 38 weeks pregnant and logged all pregnancy, and only ate above maintenance on a handful of occasions, so not sure how I gained so much. I've been back at the gym since she was 6.5 weeks old.
    Feel free to add me.
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I gained 60 pounds with pregnancy and now down around 70 :)
  • kassey32
    kassey32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I had my first baby in September and have lost 30 lbs and still have about 30 to go , I am still breastfeeding, when I first had my baby girl the weight just came off and now I am at a stopping point and I workout it is so frustrating.
  • hpainter06
    hpainter06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I am new to the group. I am 2.5 months post partum. I gained 35 pounds with pregnancy and lost 22 pounds in one week directly after. I am exclusively breastfeeding and my diet is not super great. Before pregnancy I was an amazing eater and into exercise. What is realistic to lose per week with breastfeeding? It is so important to eat to maintain milk supply. I am just looking for the balance. Or what worked for other Mammas?
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) I have a 7 week old. I have my postpartum Dr appointment in a few days and can't wait to start really working out again! I gained around 50 during my pregnancy and have about 20-25 to lose. Would love to be friends with others trying to do the same so feel free to add me if you are looking for mother mommy friends :)