Chia Seed Pudding - Coconut Rasberry & lime

Options
hello,
I'm new to this group. I was wondering if anyone has had chia seed pudding? I am seeing a lot of positive stuff about Chia seeds for helping you feel fuller longer plus it's Health benefits. Great to be here.

Replies

• Want2bthin135
    Want2bthin135 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have not had Chia seed pudding, but I do a refrigerator oatmeal using chia seeds.

The recipe I use is
    1/3 cup rolled oats (uncooked)
    2 tsp chia seeds
    1/3 cup skim milk
    1/3 cup greek yogurt.

Mix together and let sit over night. With the ingredients I use the base recipe is 219 calories. Then I add frozen fruit and sweetener.

Some combinations I have used are
    blueberries & maple syrup
    apples & cinnamon w/sugar
    raspberries w/sugar
    peanut butter & banana
    raisins and granola.

Endless possibilities, I just add the calories for whatever I add. I love being able to prepare it the night before.
  • newagehealingshop
    Options
    That sounds yummy! Thanks for the tip. Love that you prepare it the night before! Thanks
  • lilbea89
    lilbea89 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just started using this easy recipe for breakfast and its delicious! I make it a half cup at a time but you could double the recipe for more!

1/2 cup coconut milk
    1 generous tbsp chia seeds
    1/2 tsp cocoa powder
    Sprinkle of cinnamon to taste
    1/2 tsp agave nectar

I put it all in a tupperware, seal it up, and shake it really good. I found the cocoa and cinnamon don't blend well if you just stir with a spoon but if you shake it up it mixes together really well. Stick it in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Make sure you go back and shake it up once or twice in between so the seeds don't get stuck on the bottom. I usually start making the the night before for breakfast and right before I go to bed I'll shake it up and in the morning its all nice and gelled up. My recipe is about 115 calories for a serving. I bet it would be really good if you threw some berries in there too!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I really like it. I usually make mine chocolate.
  • egirlcat207
    egirlcat207 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    For my night sweet tooth -

1 frozen banana
    2 tsp. chia seed gel
    almond milk to just cover banana-
    blend
    throw in 1 tbls. mini chocolate chips

makes a nice healthy frozen treat that tastes like ice cream-yum!
    I use chia in my smoothies-cant taste them but I know how good I feel after I have some-such a nice boost in energy!