Any Vegans?

Options
Im looking for some vegan friends:) I've been a vegetarian for a long time and would love to eventually go vegan so Im looking for some inspiration from vegan food diaries.

Did you find the transition hard or was it fairly easy? I've been slowly getting rid of animal products but cheese is so hard!

Replies

• adellepuppy
    adellepuppy Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm working on it. Cheese and dairy are out. Honey I never really cared about. Rice makes great flour. Eggs are my bug-a-boo. I love eggs. But, I'm working on it.
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    bump:)
  • SlowlyLosingLolita
    SlowlyLosingLolita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Vegan for 5yrs! I'd love to make some friends on here that were also vegan!
  • adougherty10
    Options
    I am transitioning to veganism too! I've been lacto-ovo since around 1999 or so. So far it's been easy (but I haven't been tempted with a cheese pizza yet). Good luck! I think we can do it!
  • primaverapvr
    primaverapvr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just recently went vegan, well mostly vegan i still eat honey. And have honestly found it not that hard, but i sympathize about the cheese. I stopped eating dairy a couple months ago cause i found out i was allergic and have since been doing a fair bit of research about the effects of dairy and they say that dairy is almost as addicting as tobbaco. so the only way to really do it is cold turkey. about a couple weeks i found i wasn't craving it as much. the fake cheeses now satisfy my cheesey craving and don't taste like flour, but i tried them first when i first went no dairy and they tasted like crap so i think you need distance from the actual taste of cheese to have the palette to handle them.

there are some great websites and cookbooks that helped.

books:
    Appetite for Reduction
    Happy Herbivore

websites:
    http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/
    http://vegweb.com/

Good Luck!
  • raeanns
    raeanns Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been vegetarian for the past 3 years, and vegan for the past three weeks or so! I love it so far!!! I have an open diary, if you want to add me as a friend.
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I just went Vegan not to long ago. I have found it to be very easy to transition. I highly recommend the book Breaking the Food Seduction. It explains and helps you conquer cravings for food like cheese, chocolate, and meat. It has some easy and tasty recipes in it as well.
  • snowwhitee
    snowwhitee Posts: 15
    Options
    After a few years of being Vegetarian, I became Vegan about 3 years ago. Some find it hard at first, but about 6 months ago I was curious about dairy, had a little of the things I used to love and now my taste buds just don't enjoy the taste. It really is worth it :)